Rue is back on his feet again! Almost ready to drive. I replaced a few bushings and joints in the front that I'd been putting off. That took way too long. I got him a "new" transmission (with unknown miles on it, so let's hope it lasts a minute). And I proceeded to drop said transmission while installing it, breaking off that chunk you can see. #weldingcastaluminumsucks
I then replaced the timing belt. I'm pretty sure he kept dying before because because the tensioner was going bad and the belt skipped a tooth or two, so hopefully he'll stay running now!
Now I'm working on his exhaust. I added this bendy piece and a couple of proper hangers so it will stop cracking every 6 months 🤞. #weldingrustyexhaustsuckstoo
I realize there are a lot of hopes in this post. I think my biggest hope for Rue now is just that he'll stop breaking down for a little while and I can stop having panic attacks when I think of working on him for another day.