Bobbie the Wonder cast says it's a wrap because we sure do need some rest. Two things I learned from Robert tonight is if he had got the cone off I don't believe I would have caught him, and he's not going to have any problem getting around he was running like the wind. I'm definitely going to be more careful. I'm not sure how I left his crate unlocked. 🐾
So, we know what you're thinking... and no, one #flamingo is not bludgeoning the head of another while its offspring feeds on the blood. These flamingos are trying to feed the same chick with red crop milk. Parent flamingos produce crop milk in their digestive tracts and regurgitate it to feed their young. ..
Today we thought we would share with your something that is not considered poisonous to pets. We receive many enquiries about pets ingesting silica gel desiccant packs. These little moisture absorbing paper or plastic packets are often found in shoe boxes, medication bottles, electronic equipment and food items (e.g. pet treat packets). They contain silica which is considered a chemically and biological inert substance, meaning they should be ‘safe’ if ingested. Clinical signs are rare, but might include nausea, vomiting or unwillingness to eat. The signs would be expected to be self-limiting (i.e., go away of their own accord). If your pet is small in size, there is a very low risk that the packet might cause obstruction of the bowel.
Moisture absorbing silica gel sachets shouldn’t be confused with oxygen absorbing sachets which can contain iron. Ingestion of iron containing sachets may lead to iron poisoning depending on the size of your dog and the amount ingested.
If you pet has eaten a silica gel desiccant pack or an unknown sachet, please call us on 1300 TOX PET (1300 869 738). Our service is free for all pet owners. We can provide a tailored risk assessment for your pet and advise you on what to do next.
1 02 minutes ago
Warm weather and sunny skies ahead! Come in and see us! No appointment necessary.