This post was inspired by @trunks.coverage ‘s comparison. Go check out their page, a real good A’s one.
Here’s how Liam Hendriks stacks up against the 2 other reliever of the year finalists. As you can see above, Liam is clearly the best reliever out of these 3, leading both Osuna & Chapman in 9/10 categories, trailing Chapman in one, K/9, the least important stat from above, and by just .3.
As we know from last year, the best reliever doesn’t always win the award. Hendriks dominated each stat this year, but MLB voters could potentially go for Chapman or Osuna, using bad factors such as saves, wins, or team record.
Liam was the best A.L. Reliever this year, plain and simple, hopefully the voters recognize this.
🐶⚾️La mascota de La Jaula de Bateo apoyando a su equipo favorito!
#Yankees Vs #Astros 🥎5 Cajas de Bateo (3 de béisbol, 2 de sóftbol) 🥎 Bullpen de picheo con radar 🥎Baños
🥎Snack 🥎Amplió estacionamiento ———————————————————————-
🧢Todos los días 👉🏼1:00 a 10:00 pm
➡️🌎Búscanos en google maps como: #LaJaulaDeBateo
📍🥎La Jaula de Bateo⚾
San Nicolás de los garza Nuevo León,
calle Cuauhtémoc 113 cruz con Jerónimo Treviño
📣Búscanos en todas nuestras redes sociales. ➡️www.instagram.com/lajauladebateo
(Day 99/365) What do you see here? What can you learn from this to improve? What could be better?
Here’s what I think:
1. Slight drop step with the right leg, she drives off of it well
2. Left knee dips/cheats down to create some forward momentum
3. Hip/shoulder separation is great
4. Shoulders square up to 2B
5. Maintains torso posture/balance very well throughout the throw.
6. Ideally, we want to maintain a similar torso posture that we use when throwing from our feet. It’s okay to fall forward a bit after the throw. We want to get as much momentum going to 2B as we can, without hindering the throw. She does an excellent job here.
She may seem a little delayed here. At first glance, she appears to be static upon receiving the ball. Ideally, she’d have some momentum going as she catches it.
There’s a caveat, however:
The softball catcher doesn’t have the benefit of knowing the runner is stealing until she nearly catches it. Listen to the audio for when they yell “runner!”; very late in comparison to baseball. It’s analogous to a delayed steal in baseball; it’s hard to be smooth when there’s little time to prepare. Also, the hitter swung on this pitch, which forces her to stay back longer.
Video from softballover_channel
* #CatchingMachinePerformance #CatchYaLater
Where do you buy your cleats? Did you know that when you buy cleats from the Tuff Toe website, they come with FREE applied Tuff Toe! Click the link to see how you can get the most in-demand cleats from brands like #Nike , #UnderArmour , #NewBalance , #Mizuno , and more with pre-applied Tuff Toe now!
Welcome to FitSpo by Fitted. @fittedtowels
Our NEW Mini Bench Towel launched today at 49ers FIT gym. @49ersfit
What’s so special about this towel? Our 100% Turkish Cotton, patented and patent-pending towels are not only soft and beautiful, they’re also designed to
• Slip easily onto any workout equipment – and not fall off
• Hold small items like cell phones & keys
• Help you know which side to wipe your face on for better hygiene
• Hang on any equipment or hook with a 3-inch hang tab.
We want to see how you’re using your FitSpo towel! Take a selfie with it, tag us, and we’ll post it. You’ll be entered into a contest to receive a free two-day pass at 49ers FIT gym.
Note: Stay tuned for our towel giveaway contest every Monday - tell a friend.
1 47 hours ago
🧢 New vintage hat drop! MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA, & more...
👉 DM for more pics & to purchase.