Anyone else loving these cooler mornings? 🙋🏼♀️. The air is more breathable. The light has changed. The birds sing a different song, and the cicadas are celebrating their own arrival. Mornings are alive!
21 1997 August, 2020
Behind the Scenes of "Ready for An Adventure"
Here is the breakdown of how I created this picture.
1. Brainstorm and go through many many ideas before arriving at final sketch.
2. Find images in my portfolio of forests, trees, overgrowth.
3. Check the settings on those pictures (taken at 35mm)
4. Set up my son's bedroom for the shot, using same 35mm focal length.
5. Use two blue LED light bulbs for the night sky.
6. Use one warm LED light bulb for the lamp light
7. Use foliage brushes to "paint" the plants along the bedside.
8. Apply color grading to all elements to blend into the scene.
9. Apply glows to the lamp, plants, and moon.
10. Total project took about 5 hours from sketching to finishing.
Hope you enjoy getting a lot into my creative process. I hope this encourages you to go and make your own cool pictures!
2018-“Prevailing Light”-This is the very first conceptual photography piece that I ever made. That was 2.5 years ago. Everything was so carefully thought out, and even more so in the execution of the plan. It had to be “perfect”. This piece right here, in all its technical terribleness, is the one that is held dearest to my own heart. I was still so raw. Kind of like a butterfly who just stuck her first elbow out of her chrysalis. I remember putting the image on FB and Instagram. The piece didn’t get much of a response, but I was ok with that. It was sort of a quiet announcement of my homecoming. After the release of this image the person I am today, and the person I continue to become, was born. Since then my work has been accepted into 4 galleries, about 10 shows, and a handful of magazines in the USA and EU. Thank you for being here with me on this journey. Cheers to you 💞