Sparky’s owner has wanted a dog his entire life. So When it was finally time for him to get a dog, Here’s a few things he did before he got one:
1. Found the right source. A family friend who had a female golden retriever clear of any health or behaviour problems.
2. Waited for the puppies to be born and got him home at the right age of 50days.
3. Cleared out his schedule for nearly 2-3 weeks for toilet training and to bond with his fur baby
4. Contacted a trainer (me) even before the puppy arrived. I started training Sparky one day after he arrived.
5. Changed the flooring of the room where sparky spend most of his time to avoid any hip of joint problems later on
6. Followed every piece of advice from the Vet and me religiously.
7. I honestly have been throughly impressed and suprisingly delighted, by how invested the Mothers pet Parent is in the puppies. He made sure all puppies went to great homes(if he had the slightest doubt about a family they were rejected and he kept the puppy himself or waited for the right person). He sends all the puppy parents weekly reminders for vaccinations and health check ups and send gifts for all the puppies too. If only dog breeders were like him.
8. What we have as an end result is an healthy, happy and well behaved puppy, a very happy family, a very very happy and proud Me😁
Always remember a dog is a family member and a 15 year long commitment.
Do not rush into it and do your research.