Many tiny colorful flippers!
My repeat client requested to paint
her swimming team name and symbol on them.
Look like as if the scean that baby sea turtles go ahead
to the ocean.
I hope the honu protects her teammates in the water.
Thank you for many orders.
Shingle Urchin (Colobocentrotus atratus) found in Hawaii. On sustainable fisheries: Recently I watched a youtube video of a coastal forager collecting uni in Hawaii. My personal opinion (based on scientific research) is that you should leave the sea urchins be in the tropics. In the tropics the urchins play an important role of consuming algae that may gather on coral reefs. Often the algae buildup on coral reefs is due to human activity, like our land fertilizers running off after a storm. This provides the algae with limiting nutrients like nitrogen, which stimulates growth. The algae creates a shaded cover over the corals and can outcompete the corals for sunlight. 🐠
What to do to be sustainable? Eat urchins in areas that have lots of kelp. Urchins tend to be problematic in ecosystems with kelp, because the dummies gnaw off the stipe and send the kelp floating away.In these colder regions there’s plenty of nitrogen to go around for all the algae to grow and thrive, and it’s too cold for tropical coral to grow. I would make sure to eat imported uni from these temperate parts if you are in the tropics and crave uni. If you live in the temperate zone, go to town! These grazers are very abundant and in no scarcity. It can actually help the kelp grow stronger, too.
3 11052 minutes ago
GAMMARA Boat Video
a modern, simple, elegant, classic and comfort phinisi boat
ready to private charter in Indonesia
Arraia Chita, também conhecida como arraia-pintada, arraia leopardo ou papagaio é uma espécie de arraia com a boca que se assemelha ao bico de uma ave e a cauda com um chicote com um a cinco ferrões e o seu dorso geralmente possui um revestimento azul escuro, com manchas brancas. A barriga é branca o que lhe permite uma camuflagem muito eficaz, tanto vista de cima ou de baixo.
Elas podem ser encontradas em todas as águas tropicais do Oceano Atlântico. No Brasil, ocorrem mais frequentemente no Sudeste e no sul do país.
Essa foi filmada de longe na Ilha de Jorge Grego.
Tentei ir rápido até ela, mas estava nadando muito rápido. Mesmo assim, dá pra ver ela ao longe no vídeo. .
The chronos are live on the site! As much as we would like to have more available we'll only have 25 of each model made💚💙 we packed everything you love about the diver (and then some) into these chronos and they definitely won't disappoint!
Photo by: @tyalexanderphotography
Why Dive Sidemount?
✔️ It’s light and easy to travel with
✔️ You can transition easily from rec to tech
✔️ Easy access to the tank valves
✔️ It’s more comfortable for divers with back problems
✔️ It gives a great streamlined profile
✔️ Tanks are easily removable to get into tight squeezes for wreck or cave diving
I just got my new #xdeep sidemount harness and I love the flexibility of it!
I have to say, even though I’ve enjoyed sidemount diving in the past, I’ve been putting off buying new gear because I’ve spent the past 18 months diving CCR to do a lot of hypoxic trimix dives.
Now that’s done, I’m still diving rebreather 90% of the time, especially for trimix, but the remaining 10% I’m now dedicating to diving sidemount!
Has anyone else converted from backmount to sidemount?