Got banned from my daycare @play_onthehill for being too “friendly”...🤷♂️🤣 - Mom felt sorry for me so she gave me all these goodies! Thank you @sojospetfood - my current fave is the chicken pot pie!
7 465 hours ago
So...periodically I get a bee 🐝 in my bonnet and decide to broaden my photography beyond animals. I leave my telephoto/portrait lenses at home and challenge myself to photograph landscapes. I want to capture the awe I experience from nature. The peaceful tranquility. The vastness. The natural beauty, colors and textures. And honestly, I kinda suck at photographing anything without a face and that bugs me. So...off I go with my short lenses, determined to overcome this handicap. And then guess what happens? Yup. I see an animal that enthralls me and I SO desperately want to capture the soul behind those eyes. But I can’t. Moving closer would be irresponsible, cruel and would completely ruin the moment. So I’m stuck there... enjoying the animal that’s graced me with its presence in its home environment- at a distance. I suppose it’s a private moment not to be shared beyond our hearts and there’s beauty in that as well. Or, maybe I just need to accept that I’m an animal photographer. The camera has given me a voice; expressing the connection I have with non-humans and why I feel we should honor and respect them in the way we do our own. So, perhaps I should never leave home without my big lens and keep seeking inspiration through talented photographers like @daisygilardini, @paulnicklen@franslanting and @timflachphotography. My favorite wild animal photographers of all time. Btw...this is Ellie, an elephant seal on #whidbeyisland . If you see her around #deceptionpass , please give her lots of space...she belongs there more than we do. 😘 And, yes, this photo was taken from quite a distance with a short lens and is highly cropped to show off her beautiful eyes. 😉❤️
My name is Marlo. You probably don’t know me since my hoomans celebrate Hanukkah. While I love candles & potato pancakes, I also rather like the idea of a red-coated man coming down the chimney with treats! 🎅
Here are 5 reasons I think you should add me to your route this year:
1. I love ALL hoomans of all faiths, and most dogs (except the biting kind)! The holiday spirit is about loving EVERYPAWDY, right?! 🥰
2. I hear you like cookies.... well, SO DO I, and I will gladly share my cookies with you! Do you like peanut butter? 🍪
3. I am told you have a nice lap... I love sitting on laps (after I am done playing fetch)! Do you like playing fetch? If so, you may need to stay awhile!🎅🎾
4. Soooo.... about those “Naughty & Nice” lists of yours.... I am a very, VERY NICE boy!! 😇 (If you heard something about a poop in the living room, or a missing pair of underwear, I can’t speak to those things?!) 👀
5. Although I may bark at the sound of reindeer on my roof, if you come down my chimney with treats, I promise to greet you with wags & kisses! 😘
Thanks for considering stopping by my house!
Love, ♥️ ~ Marlo
These two love being off leash and when no one is around in the park, we cut them loose. We had fun playing chase and hide and seek the other day. I hope you enjoy your short movie. Let us know by posting a comment. We really enjoyed this one! Thanks for following our adventures 💕