"my teeth are already green with so much coca, my head goes on with a slight headache. we arrived last night in a small village in the middle of the desert, we couldn't really see the landscape, when we woke up we were surrounded by snowy mountains and this crossing is one of the most beautiful and hostile places on the planet. "
"meus dentes já estão esverdeados de tanta coca, a cabeça segue com uma leve dor de cabeça. chegamos ontem de noite em um pequeno povoado no meio do deserto, não dava pra ver bem a paisagem, quando acordamos estávamos cercados de montanhas de neve e lhamas. essa travessia é um dos lugares mais bonitos e hostis do planeta."
They know about everything going on in town. They can point you to free activities, special events happening during your stay, and everything in between. They even offer discounts on attractions and transportation. It is their job to help you experience the destination better.
1 37 July, 2020
"waking up in the middle of the night still confusing reality and dreams, it takes me a few seconds, maybe minutes to understand where I am. a cabin in Lake Tahoe. after trying to find a place to set up the tents without success we stopped at a bar, one of these with heads of deers, reindeers, bears and mooses on the walls. no place to sleep but drinking good beer we sat in a corner until two gentlemen, father and son, had a chat with Sossa, after a few words we had a roof to sleep in, i tive thanks outside is a excruciating cold. "
"desperto no meio da noite ainda confundindo realidade e sonho, demoro alguns segundos, quiçá minutos pra entender onde estou. uma cabana no Lake Tahoe. depois de tentar achar um lugar pra armar as barracas sem sucesso paramos em um bar, desses com cabeças de veados, renas, ursos e alces nas paredes. sem lugar pra dormir mas bebendo cerveja da boa nos sentamos em um canto até dois senhores, pai e filho, puxarem papo com Sossa, depois de tantas palavras tínhamos um teto pra dormir, ainda bem fazia um frio excruciante."
What are you looking forward to the most when this pandemic ends and we are allowed to go and enter the world again? For me it’s getting back out to places like this! Paddle board, a swim, campfire, a few beer and repeat! #bringonsummer#endcovid19
So what do I think of our first self-guided road trip in Saudi Arabia?
We did a couple organized guided trips before with escorts and buses and all activities planned for us. But this one was the first we did on our own.
First of all, I don’t know why we waited so long. There is so much this country has to offer, it will take us years to discover it all!
There were some hiccups along the way but it is like any other road trip in any other country. Road trips in general are not the easiest way to travel because you have to be well planned and pretty organized.
Things I liked the most though are:
• This country is immensely diverse! You will see the landscape change completely pretty much every hour of your road. From deserts to limestone cliffs to savannah-looking prairies to lush green mountains, then turquoise color beaches.
• There is lots of history here. And I was so impressed to see how the new world was being build around it and not on top of it. You would see old ruines untouched surrounded by newly built buildings.
• Roads were good absolutely everywhere! Even in the middle of nowhere with no cities in sight, we would be driving on a perfectly smooth straight road.
• Speed limits are pretty high on long stretches of roads which is a plus when you are driving long distances.
• Most signes are in both Arabic and English which is handy if you don’t read Arabic. They didn’t have to do it. And it’s a nice touch.
• People are very welcoming here. I don’t know how many times we have been invited to join for coffee. This side of Saudi people will never stop to amaze me.
• The country is not yet spoiled by tourism so the prices are quite the same everywhere. Even in the regions that are very much in demand. At least we found that food and other services in Abha were very reasonably priced in spite of being so popular with the local tourists.
• The local food... Yum! We adored all of those local cafes with freshly baked bread and grilled chicken. We tried lots of new things that I don’t even know the names of, but we just pointed and tasted and were never disappointed.
• And we always always felt safe here. Any place or time of the day.
I would never dare get into the ocean off the West Coast but how refreshing does this water and beach look?! Missing California and its beaches right now. Hopefully, I can get back here soon!! 🌊🏄🌴
11 3857 July, 2020
Sometimes a change in perspective is all it takes to see the light ⚡️
Even I have needed to remind myself of this a few times this week. To live and love for today, letting tomorrow take care of itself. Something that I do when I start to feel lost, is I remind myself to breathe in and feel the lightness of life in the now. Breathe out and smile because in spite of everything going on, there are still moments of beauty to be found in the world 🌟
Top down shots of small moments of life like this make me so happy. Just before sunrise I could see the people setting up their business, hopeful for the day ahead.
81 1,2101 July, 2020
LONDON - GREAT BRITAIN 🇬🇧
🇬🇧 Last October we visited London and looked at the London Eye. 🎡
Due to the bad weather conditions 🌧, we unfortunately didn’t drive with it, but we will definitely do this on our next stay. 🧡
🇩🇪 Letzten Oktober haben wir einen Städtetrip nach London gemacht und uns dabei das London Eye angesehen. 🎡
Aufgrund der schlechten Wetterbedingungen 🌧 sind wir leider nicht damit gefahren, aber wir werden das auf jeden Fall bei unserem nächsten Aufenthalt nachholen! 🧡
Did you know that the London Eye is the largest ferris wheel in Europe? 🤩
Habt ihr gewusst, dass das London Eye das größte Riesenrad in Europa ist? 🤩