Check out this custom framing we did recently for the City of Racine for the centennial celebration of Horlick Field! Plus a ✨REMINDER✨ that this Friday and Saturday is Customer Appreciation Days in Downtown Racine - there will be sales and specials at many downtown businesses, including up to 75% off select items at Northern Lights Gallery! Mark your calendars and we can't wait to see you then 😊
Reposted from @awesomeframers - The most common tension tie we use is an @strongtie HTT4/5. Very easy to install as you can see, but there are a few things to keep in mind. Since hardware like this potentially affects the lives of the occupants, we must take the time to correctly install them. Having said that, these are very easy to install correctly. I'm partnering with Strongtie for this post. .
1) Use the correct fastener. The load tables show design values for 1 ½”, 2 ½” nails and SDS screws each with their respective diameters. Ask the designer or engineer of record if the plans don’t call this out.
2) Don’t over tighten the bolts, from Strongtie.com “Anchor bolt nut should be finger tight plus 1⁄3 to 1/2 turn with a hand wrench, with consideration given to possible future wood shrinkage. Care should be taken not to over-tighten the nut. Impact wrenches should not be used.”
3) Double check how far above top of concrete the holddown can be installed. The catalog points out that I can install up to 18” above concrete as long as the threaded rod lines up directly or within 1 ½” with the embedded anchor (also properly sized). (see https://www.strongtie.com/products/connectors/wood-construction-connectors/technical-notes/general-notes-for-holdowns-and-tensionties
4) If you install directly on treated plates, use a barrier to protect the hardware from the plate.
5) Make sure the holddown is plumb on the post it attaches too. A professional installation has a positive effect on inspectors, customers and everyone else who sees the holddown. . #holddown#seismic#Engineering#sponosored#LongLiveOurBuildings#strongtie#HTT4#framing#construction#framing#framersareadyingbreed#chippylife#skilledtrades#layitoutbuilditup#framersofig#buildersofinsta
#Repost@patricksibson with @get_repost
If You Fall Do This to Help Yourself
featuring @superanchorsafety_ deluxe harness and Clarke
I'll say it again...one of the best things about these bags is that I'm already wearing a harness...so I'm much more likely to tie off since I don't have stop what I'm doing to change the gear I'm wearing. .
..I can almost guarantee you'll never want another set of bags again.
My favorite academic project is finally published in the Radio Journal. This work was directly inspired by my work as a journalist in Tamale's radio industry during my teenage years.
This is the multiple award-winning paper I presented at the International Communication Association conference in May this year. 🔥🔥🔥 Also, I really did coin the concept "journalistic griot" because I needed to capture the complexities of the phenomenon I was studying.
This is so dear to me and in the dedication, I honor those who came before me. May future generations find this useful. 💛💙🧡 This project was funded by Penn State's Africana Research Center.
Manusia mah ga bisa sempurna, selalu punya keterbatasan masing-masing. Mulai dari keterbatasan informasi, kekuatan fisik, kepribadian, pandangan, pengalaman dan laen laen dah. Bener ga sih gaes?
Nah klo kita sadar bahwa kita ga bisa tau segala hal, hayuk kita saling membuka jendela kita. Jendela mata, telinga, akal dan hati. Belajar apa-apa yang belum diketahui, dan memberi kabar apa-apa yang kita tau. Agar aku, kamu dan mereka, bisa menjadi kita.
Ga akan pernah rugi deh klo kita jadi manusia pembelajar, karena semakin membuka diri mengetahui dan berbagi banyak hal, jadi makin aware deh sama sekitar.
So, habis ini enaknya kita belajar tentang apa nih?📡📚 📍Kota Tua Jakarta
We make high quality frames for your artwork, certificates, family photographs and keepsakes. Bring in your work and we’ll help you choose the perfect frame for it!
We use optimisation software to ensure our waste is kept to a minimum. The bare wood frames we use are from FSC registered saw mills. Our off-cuts of mount card are given to local primary schools for re-use. All bubble wrap is recycled (biodegradable bubble wrap typically gets sent to landfill, so we don’t use that). All of our frames are of a quality that will last for several decades - these are not fast and disposable. We’re confident we’re streets ahead of other framers, but we are still looking for more ways to reduce and reuse the waste our business generates.
Please talk to us if you think you can help!
1. Daisy Day, 2018: Oil on board
Unframed - 400 x 275 mm
Framed - 580 x 470 mm
2. Hugging Trees, 2011: Oil on board
Unframed - 260 x 560 mm
Framed - 460 x 760 mm
3. Orange Splendour, 2018: Oil on canvas
Unframed- 300 x 300 mm
Framed - 360 x 360 mm
4. Shaded Avenue, 2018: Oil in board
Unframed - 150 x 210 mm
Framed - 325 x 380 mm
Wall of Art
Contact for more information and to query about prices.
Phone: 046 6222 502
Make sure to follow us on Facebook:
Staude Framing #Art#Artist#Framing
Who doesn’t love a bit of blacklight?!
Framed this awesome @tallboy666 print and put the lights in the frame, so no need for a separate light source!
I’m currently raising funds to open my own studio, so this and many other pieces are available to purchase.
Can ship worldwide.
Contact me for details. .
Soul stirring conversations, comfortable silences and candid moments can be shared only with those who have reserved a place in one's heart.
Blessed to have the lovely and brilliant @irisdesuze parked in for good .
We've been tagged in so many brilliant photos over recent months that it's hard to feature them all so here's a little taster of some of your tool pics. Can you spot yours? Thank you so much for all the support and keep tagging away! 🙂👍 #PaslodeUK#Framing#Finishing#Specialist#NeverStopBuilding
A few years ago I started wearing these compression sleeves when I know it’ll be a heavier day, eg packing Advantech (94lbs/sheet) or setting long rafters. I had tendonitis in both elbows and wore these for about 2 months solid, elbows never bug me. They aren’t a miracle, but they do seem to provide some support. I am very thankful to be injury free, but that isn’t an accident. .
Now if I could find some spanx that fit over my biceps, I’d look better in videos....like @harveyhomesandinteriors in his V necks 👍