Some strict short-term diets can seem like they are just another fad diet BUT thats so not true.
Certain short-term strict diets can help people who are trying to lose weight, especially if they have other health conditions like Type 2 Diabetes. The 800 calories diet for 12 weeks has been proven to reverse Type 2 Diabetes. 🤗 @fast800diet@exantediet
Short-term strict diets can help you cut the 'bad eating' cord and help you lose some weight so that you start to feel better.
Once you feel a bit better, you then have the energy to make more long-term life style changes such as making wholefood meals. It's all about being mindful in your choices and understanding where you are in your weight loss journey.
It’s true what they say...
It’s the collection of little moments in life - the unexpected ones that pass by quickly like a fleeting blink of an eye - that end up being the happiest memories of your life.
Most people make the mistake of waiting for the big moments to come before they allow themselves to feel joy.
Your first kiss, graduation, landing that job, your wedding, buying your first house, the birth of your child, you get the picture.
But what about the smaller moments that enrich your life? The ones that leave you on the floor belly laughing. The ones where you feel and unbelievable sense of love and connection to those around you. The ones that help you define who you are.
The best portion of your life will be the small in between nameless moments you spend smiling with those who matters to you.
1 213 July, 2020
*...tofu in the air fryer, mixed vegetables and quinoa with hemp seeds 🌱💕 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀
CrossFit has become a lifestyle for many of us and it also makes us think more about what we eat. Many people connect CrossFit with Paleo or Zone diet but we can see that there are also other diet approaches that are becoming popular. One of the most popular one among CrossFitters is If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) and I am going to discuss this approach further in this article.
Many protessional Crossfitters have recently changed their diets from “I can eat what I want” to tracking what they eat and logging everything into applications like My fitness pal. They are more concerned about eating clean, but even more than that they concentrate on reaching the right amount of macro and micronutrients that support their athletic performance and goals.
Greek salad with feta cheese and homemade tzatsiki 😆🇬🇷
Although the traditional Greek salad is made with green pepper and red onion I worked with what I had and it still tasted delicious and super healthy✅
For the salad🥗:
1/2 cucumber chopped into chunks
2 whole ripe tomatoes chopped in to wedges
1 yellow pepper chopped in to rings
3/4 white onion chopped into half moons
50g kalamata pitted olives
100g reduced fat feta cheese cut into squares
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp oregano
For the tzatziki🥒:
- handful of fresh mint (8-9 leafs)
- 1 cup of organic green yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove roughly chopped garlic
- 1/2 grated cucumber
Can washing you hands too much cause dry skin? Yes! 👏🏼The result of excess washing is that hands can become red, rough, scaly, dry, cracked, and fissured, where small cuts appear in the skin 🦠 Moreover, if you have damaged the skin on your hand, then it becomes less effective as a barrier against infection 🧴 Moisturising is therefore much more essential than you think it is during the pandemic. Of course, that is not the only solution to nixing your dry hands. 🧴💁🏼♀️ Remember to keep hydrated and drink your daily dose of water, try an overnight hand mask and only use un-fragranced products to prevent further irritation
Chewy, soft chocolate chip cookies stuffed with a creamy, thick banana ice cream. Talk about heaven. I’ve been seeing ice cream sandwiches all over my feed lately, so the cravings were real. My healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe was the perfect cookie to pair with ice cream and I’m obsessed.
Find the recipe on my blog. Tap the link in my bio then the recipe image.
You may have seen some pretty delicious meals featuring on my stories recently 🍽 So happy to be partnering with my favourite healthy meal delivery service provider, @macros.com.au. I’m on the SCULPT plan currently, but they offer so much versatility in terms of your lifestyle needs and dietary requirements 🙌🏼 #partner
28 35113 July, 2020
Do you plan for the future or ride the tides of fate?
I straddle the line between master strategizer and destiny surfer😂 I have weeks where I am really on top of all the adulting, balancing multiple lists and seemingly driving the boat. I also have weeks where I am immobilized by the chaos of parenting, the instability of our political climate, our financial future and the fears around the pandemic and I can procrastinate like a mofo. But ya know what? It’s ok. The state of limbo is reality. We are always in limbo on some level, we are always on a journey. I always say, the only constant in life is change and in 2020 changes are really happening!
Why not change things up and start including more meatless meals in your diet? Here is an easy and satisfying noodle bowl which straddles the line between salad and hot meal.
👉MAPLE SRIRACHA TOFU WITH BLACK RICE RAMEN baby bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, basil, spinach, garden fresh eggplant, over red cabbage and spring mix
👉Maple sriracha tofu and black ramen bowl recipe
Ingredients: 4 blocks black rice ramen @lotusfoods 1 block extra firm tofu drained, 2 small eggplants, 4 baby bell peppers, 2 cups baby spinach, 2 cups spring mix, 1 cup red cabbage shredded, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 stalks green onion, 5 leaves basil, handful cilantro.
1. Cook ramen according to package and set aside
2. Heat a wok with sesame oil until hot and add in cubed extra firm tofu. Cook for 10 minutes until seared well on all sides. Don’t stir too much or it won’t get very crispy or golden. Trust the process and only move tofu every 2-3 minutes
2. Add bell peppers and egplant and cook for 5 mins until softening
3. Add maple syrup and cook for two mins giving maple time to carmelize, then add sriracha and cook two mins..then add soy and dark soy and cook for 2 minutes.
4.Lastly add in baby spinach and ramen noodles. Garnish with green onion, cilantro and basil, some more sriracha and devour.
Are you feeling love for the limbo?
57 26313 July, 2020
SWEET CHILLI PITTA 🥙 386 calories 🧡 Half a chicken breast, 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce, wholemeal pitta and bistro salad leaves 🙌🏻⠀
I’ve also been on a long walk and managed to hit just over 8000 steps so I’m happy with that for day 1 👊🏻 Tonight I’m cooking diet cola chicken with rice & will continue to try and drink more water 💦 1.5 litres down so far 💙
23 22413 July, 2020
this week’s shopping list.
my list is consistently 75 percent fresh fruits and veggies, with 4-5 different sources of protein and some speciality items thrown into the mix. i start the week off leaning on @shipt to shop for most of my groceries, washing all my veggies and fruit, picking out a couple varieties of seasoning blends, oils and marinades and prepping roasted veggies and lean proteins to have on hand for quick lunches and dinners. i will say, i am pretty damn skilled at stocking up on just the right amount of groceries without wasting hardly any of it. here’s some of my tips n’ tricks:
• lean on a company like @shipt to do the shopping for you, so that you are ordering only what is on your list. it is so easy to be tempted to throw “extra stuff” in your cart if you were shopping yourself. i also love that the cart in the @shipt app serves as a grocery list, where i can add things to it over the course of the week when i think of things i need or run out of something.
• you already know that writing out a list is important, but when it comes to what you put on that list - switch it up. i rotate in new fruits, veggies and proteins into my diet week-over-week, and not only does it keep me inspired to cook and keep me from getting bored, but doing this is good for my digestive system. if you stick with eating the same foods for too long, you could develop an intolerance to the foods not in your diet and may put yourself at risk for a nutrient deficiency.
• don’t treat your fridge like a closet for your food. knowing how and where you store your food in your fridge will help you keep it fresh longer and avoid you having to throw food (and essentially your money) out before you get a chance to enjoy it all. for example, fridge doors are the warmest part of the fridge and thus you don’t want to store dairy products there (aka milk). it’s also important to know many fruits produce ethylene (a chemical that helps them ripen) and you don’t want that ripening to happen to your veggies, so you should keep fruits and veggies in separate drawers. for more money savin tips, check out my recent blog post, “my money saving food tips.”
38 31313 July, 2020
Realized I haven’t officially introduced myself on here! ♡ Hi I’m Raquel! I’m 23 and from New Jersey. I am OFFICIALLY a registered nurse!! 👩🏼⚕️🩺
♡ I went to Michigan State for my undergrad (go green!!) and the University of Miami for their ABSN program 💚
♡ I am a huge foodie!! This account originally was for me to post my food pics (phone eats first) but over time has turned into a healthier food/lifestyle account
♡ I love working out, dogs, hanging with my friends, and cooking!
♡ In college I gained weight just like everyone and once I graduated decided I needed to change the foods in my diet and make healthier choices!
Hope you got to know me a little more and thanks for following my food journey :)
47 14913 July, 2020
Monday Motivation 💋
43 20913 July, 2020
Happy Monday everyone 💕
What would you grab first?
Pitaya/coconut smoothie bowl, mango/blue spirulina smoothie bowl, mangos, strawberries, blueberries, blood oranges
💖frozen bananas, frozen pink pitaya, coconut milk, vanilla bean powder 💙frozen bananas, mango, blue spirulina
44 29313 July, 2020
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram