We've been with our expanded #family : from right to left: me, my grand nice Milla @vomgoldstueck , Mom of my soon to be sister Alva, Maya, the ancient #Terrier and Hannes the #Labrador . In front of us is Alva's Mom, Elif. What can I say? It was a great walk! P.S.: pictures of my sister Dara soon to follow here!
Is Frozen #WaterfallWednesday a thing?
Ok so to continue on the theme of holidays, a lot of people said they enjoyed the food the most. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Collar: @mauveandjo (MJRAE)
Leash: @pacifichound (RAE10)
I love this little nugget so much. She arrived soon after our son left home. I craved a being to care for. She is my shadow. She almost died a few years ago... She visited the beach and had a wonderful time in the rocks and running along the shoreline. What I didn’t know, is that she had eaten palm oil. 5am the next morning I woke up to a peculiar chemical smell. I found her barely conscious in a pool of blood. I picked her up, put her in the car and called the emergency vets. The vet told me that she had little chance of surviving, I should take her home to die, based on the tests she had run. I took her home, gave her shots of painkillers every 4 hours and attempted to syringe electrolyte solution into her mouth. I stayed with her for 3 days and nights, carrying her outside for bathroom breaks, holding her weight to stop her falling over. I was so distraught that this young healthy dog was suddenly close to death. We hadn’t noticed her eat anything, but the vet was sure she had eaten something very fatty.
After 3 days by her side, I awoke to find her sitting up looking at me as if to say ‘what’s for breakfast?’ I cannot tell you how happy I was to see her eyes sparkling again. After a few more days of rest, we took her to the beach for a little walk. She ran straight over to the rocks and started eating something. That’s when I found a lump of palm oil and realised what had happened. We dashed to the vets (again!) and induced vomiting. There was a piece of palm oil the size of walnut in her stomach. This would definitely have killed her. We heard of other dogs who were not so lucky.
Palm oil smells like diesel fumes. It’s oily, and comes in shades of white, cream and grey. It’s discarded waste from ships, which has tumbled in the ocean, become rancid and is very attractive to dogs. Always check what your dog eats at the beach, palm oil ingestion is almost always fatal. #vizsla#ilovemydog#palmoil#poisoning#dogtales#shortstories#shortstory#vet#womansbestfriend#dogs#doglovers#doglover#meandmydog#silverhair#goinggray#silversisters#hungarianvizsla#magyarvizsla#iphone#emptynest#middleagedwoman#over50#overfifty#curvy
My BFF ~ Best Furry Friend 💖
This wee love has been my shadow the past 9 1/2 years. Meet Alba. Alba is Italian for Sunrise and apparently several other meanings I’ve since discovered!
Alba is a Hungarian Vizsla, born in Wales with an Italian name living in London. She is very food motivated so when I was first starting out in photography 5 years ago and was lacking a model, she would always oblige. I’ll have to show you some of her headshots one day!
Things I love about coming home:
- Stralian announcements at Sydney airport
- Flying over home/Mt Beauty on the way to Melbourne
- Ui & Max greeting
- Sleeping off some jetlag in the sun #hungarianvizsla