Her heart was in her mouth as she drove past her house in the cab that night. She knew she had to sneak out, otherwise, she would have never made it to the airport. The face of a worrying mother kept flashing in front of her eyes. Despite her best efforts, the gates of the flight she was about to catch had closed down. She spent the next few hours, contemplating and wondering if this was the best decision to make since she was going against her loved ones for the sake of solo tripping across the country. She ordered coffee and grabbed a book. Sitting in the lounge she gazed out, looking at the night sky which slowly turned into dusk and then a bright, beautiful morning. Browsed through the list of flights available on that very day, wanting to land before evening. A lot had gone against her up until that moment. It terrified her but she still wanted to give it that one last try. Because this didn't just mean escape for her. It spelt freedom. She knew if it didn't make it happen this time, she would not be able to make this dream come true for a painstakingly long time.
Old Manali, the perfect little gem to ease into Indian life. 🙏🏽🏔 After a horrifying 51h journey from Nepal via Delhi we arrived in Manali. This was the perfect mountain village, backpacker hippie style, to get a first taste of India.
My days were divided between catching up on some work in one of the many riverside cafes, watching locals playing volleyball, stuff my face with delicious food at hidden back alleys, and getting a glimpse on all the spirituality that was going on in Vashisht. Personal favorite was of course exploring the mountain areas on early morning hikes, and the late night stargazing. Superb.
Excited for what the coming weeks in India will bring!
Unfuck the world, that is.
A scenic ride through Nilgiris on a 🚂Toy train.
Ooty to Coonoor, It’s not just the scenery that soothe the eye, the smell of fresh Eucalyptus, the sound of train chugging slowly along the track, cool breeze that hits the face and send the hair flying back...everything makes this a special ride.
Lush green tea estates, beautiful bridges on which the train chugs, countless tunnels where darkness consumes the space and leads to light at the end.
Now listen to your favourite music during your travel with all new corseca deep bass headphones, the perfect companion in your travel.
To enter the contest mail or message us your full name, mail id and your content.
Terms and Conditions
1. Contest is open only to individuals who reside in India.
2. Entrant must submit their own content, post description and hash tags for their post (if desired).
3. Entries submitted after announcement of contest are only qualified up to the contest end date.
4. The categories for Submissions are: (1) Nature, (2) Cities; (3) People. There is no limit on the number of entries/submissions per person, Food category is not allowed.
5. Content can be Photo or Video. Video length limited up to 1 minute, you can submit multiple photos or videos.
6. The given weightage is ~25% for likes on your post. ~25% for number of mentions in your posts comment section.
~25% for number of mentions in this contest poster comments section. ~25% for mentioning us in your story.
7. Winner will be chosen based on the rank; entrant acquiring highest rank will be awarded.
8. Each Submission must be the submitting entrant’s own, produced work and may not feature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties.
9. Watermarks are not acceptable.
10. Posts uploaded in our profile (@wanderlust_travller) are the only ones eligible, posts in your own profile or others profile are not considered.
11. Wanderlust traveller reserves full right to change contest policies, postpone or cancel the contest at any time without informing the participants.
• Mention as many people as possible in comment section of your post and this poster to get more likes and to increase chances of winning.
TT Original: Sunset or Sunrise😊.. 📸: @akshitarana4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
To get featured:
Tag @traveltrailss or #traveltrailss ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Auṃ maṇi padme hūṃ .
"The mantra Om Mani Pädme Hum is easy to say yet quite powerful,
because it contains the essence of the entire teaching. When you say the first syllable Om it is blessed to help you achieve perfection in the practice of generosity, Ma helps perfect the practice of pure ethics,
and Ni helps achieve perfection in the practice of tolerance and patience. Päd, the fourth syllable, helps to achieve perfection of perseverance, Me helps achieve perfection in the practice of concentration, and the final sixth syllable Hum helps achieve perfection in the practice of wisdom.
7am, first sight of Leh. 2017.
So after a tiring three days if riding in freezing cold at altitudes well over 12000 feet above sea level, this is the first sight of Leh, anyone riding or driving to Leh would get. This entire landscape is supposed to be white now but it still is almost like this! It's been a dry year, no snowfall yet in Leh. Global warming? Whatever it is, it's time we took care of our environment on the war footing