@adithyadushyanth says " I was crying when I had to leave Mechuka, knowing I can't buy land there as an outsider. Definitely coming back!" Photo By: @rohankabraham
Have you been lucky enough to have set foot into this Magical Valley in Arunachal Pradesh? What's the one thing that you have taken away from the experience?
Sharing @tee_wander’s experience when he travelled to Mechuka with us in December 2019:
Northeast was on my bucket list for a very long time. Last year I decided to travel to Arunachal Pradesh. Plan A was to ride to Tawang but for some reasons, it went for a toss. While searching for places to visit in Arunachal I came across YouTube Tanya's video about Menchuka which she did with ChaloHoppo. I was impressed by the way her trip was planned hence I made the decision to plan a trip with ChaloHoppo.
Our trip started on 22nd Dec from Guwahati. We were greeted by Nick, the trip leader on Kamakhya railway station. Soon I realised that he is not our trip leader but a friend who happens to know his backyard very well. For the next two weeks, we travelled to Menchuka and then to Dambuk. We never felt there was any rush to cover the places. The trip was planned in a way that we had ample time to spend with magnificent views, local people and culture. Nick shared so many stories not only about Arunachal but also about the entire northeast. In the entire trip, we were pampered with love and affection by local people but at the same time, we were pushed out of our comfort zones.
I experienced that every person who is associated with ChaloHoppo be a person who was driving us around, homestays and the owners, trip leaders, ChaloHoppo executives and marketing people were chosen carefully. These guys are travellers and have a passion for it. I came to know that every trip which they offer is planned very carefully by keeping everybody in mind.
By the end of the trip, the place which was unknown to me got familiar to me. I can surely say that I got the experience which I expected from this trip. Thank you ChaloHoppo for making it a memorable one.
If you join the trip or see itinerary,drop your email id in the comment section.
Few things about mechuka you need to know that will put Mechuka in your travel bucket list.
1. Exploring this beautiful place of north east is unique as its beauty exploration has started recently.
2. Soon its snow will start melting and Mechuka's greenary beauty will blossom which makes it more desirable to explore.
3. Its Samsen Yongcha monestry built in 14 century gives a panoramic view once you reach it.
4. Walking on the hills where the views are awstuck makes it more adventurous and a must place to visit.
5. The experience of walking over the hanging bridges of the place adds to the tour and makes it more awesome.
6. While hiking along the hills you get to explore the war bunkers created by the Chinese military troops during the 1962 war.
7. Exploring the valley and being with nature with no network connectivity and a much needed break from the busy world is all you need for a adventurous vacation.
8. The purity of the air you breathe, the views of the sun over the valley through out the day and the awesome views surrounding you makes Mechuka the most demanded place to tour this Spring. #jajabortourism#neverendingjourney#mechuka#arunachalpradesh
Next destination on our list is Coorg and Madikeri. Here we are at Abbey falls.
Abbey Falls is located around 10 kilometres away from the town of Madikeri and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in and around Coorg.
The water cascade coming down from the cliff from a height of 70 feet provides a spectacular scene to behold. Nestled within the lush greenery which is typical to the sceneries of Western Ghats, the waterfalls attract hundreds and thousands of people throughout the year - especially nature lovers and photographers.
Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don't.
Another one from the beautiful Mechuka Valley. This is the longest wooden suspension bridge I found in the valley, about 5 kms from the main town of Mechuka.
Just a short hike up the hill brings us to this view of the Mechuka town! Go further up, and you can catch M E N C H U K H A written on the mountain, proper Hollywood style! The hike is tougher than it looks... very different from usual Himalayan hikes. We met several army folks on the way, them sprinting their way up and down, while we stopped to catch our breath every five minutes! 😂
6 1461 June, 2019
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram