FRESH PASTA 😍
My rule of thumb for fresh pasta is to use 1 large free-range egg for every 100 grams of 00 flour, in addition to a ¼ teaspoon or so of salt. You’ll then need a bit more flour for machining the pasta. This quantity is then multiplied depending on how many people you’re cooking for.
This quantity makes about 500 grams or so of pasta.
400g ’00’ flour, plus extra for machining the dough
4 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1. Add the flour to a large bowl, then stir in the salt
2. Make a well in the centre & add the eggs
3. Using a fork, beat the eggs & then start mixing them through the flour
4. Then using your hands, start combining the mixture into a ball
5. Once you’ve formed a ball, start kneading the dough. You will need to knead it for a little while to increase the strength of the gluten in the flour & will know when it’s ready as you’ll have a nice smooth ball of dough
6. When it’s done, wrap it tightly in cling wrap & refrigerate for an hour
7. After an hour, remove the dough from the cling wrap & cut it into 8 even-sized pieces. Lightly flour your work surface
8. Starting with one of the pieces, roughly form it into a rectangular shape in your hands. Then place it on your work surface, flour it on both sides and then try flattening it out as much as possible with the palm of your hand. This is done to enable it to fit through the rollers in the machine.
9. Have your machine set on the widest setting (the width is adjusted by a knob on the side of the machine- turning it towards you increment by increment decreases the space between the rollers)
10. Pass the piece of dough through the machine
11. Then lightly flour the dough again, fold the dough in half & pass it through again.
12. Continue doing this until the sheet appears smooth. You’ll often find that an air bubble will form & pop on the last time before it’s ready. Once the sheet is done, place it to the side and lightly flour it
13. Take the next piece of dough & repeat the above process. Do this for all 8 pieces of dough
*continued in comments* #nofilter#dinner#cucina#homemade#pasta
Cane Malu's natural pool is found next to Bosa, to the northeast of Sardinia. This site came to be due to the sea and the wind, and it is surrounded by rock formations. Taken for us by @ioegreer
5 1,45818 hours ago
Saturday night entertaining always starts with hummus since returning from Israel and Jordan late last year. I picked up 2kg tub of tahini at the market this morning because my obsession is *real* and a small jar just doesn’t cut it anymore 😂 recipe for silky smooth next-level hummus is on the blog. Happy Saturday, Mel x #frommylittlekitchen#hummusaddict