We are in textile heaven! 😍 Kate Hamill’s Sense and Sensibility is coming together in every way and we can’t wait to share its gorgeousness with you! Buy your tickets now - link in bio. ☝️☝️☝️ #patiodoessenseandsensibility#patioplayhouse
Hey there! Hi there! It's Musical Theater time again! We had such a blast last year and we're looking forward to another amazing experience.
Session I - Group Singing
Mondays - Nov 4th - Dec 9th
Cost $25. This fee covers dinner and supplies for 6-week class. #MusicalTheater #WeLoveDrama
If you know me personally, I’m singing 24/7. But if you KNOW me know me, you’ll find I get insecure about it if it’s around my not immediate family. So I’m trying to break that chain! Here’s a clip of me singing Take Me or Leave me from Rent at home alone because that’s the only time you will find me belting songs. (Pls be nice with feedback, I’m constantly developing and o boy this took a lot out of me to even show it to my mom) so enjoy! #musicaltheater#broadway#takemeorleaveme#rent#bedaring#breakingmybubble 🥴
I am truly blessed to be part of such an amazing convention. Every event I walk away truly inspired as a teacher. As you can see, the excitement and joy these kids leave with is pure magic to my heart! From the petites, to the seniors and as you can see the BOYS!!! I am truly honored. Thank you @dancekar for everything you do! Also, that last video I had NO idea was recording!!! #dancekar#convention#masterteacher#musicaltheater#longbeach
"Why dont we have a contest? A singing contest? Maybe then we can put a face to your mysterious voice and finally find you a wife!" O Grimsby always trying to marry off Prince Eric. What an amazing duo these two were in the Little to Big production this summer!! An other production is right around the corner! Register today for the fall show!
Inktober Day 14 OverGrown
"Feed me Seymour!" Audrey 2 Littlest Pet Shop, I mean Little Shop of Horrors.
DeAtrements Heliogen Green-copper and FW Yellow on top. Bit of red also. Last of my shimmery samples, oh well.
Ok, there's a lot goin on in this one:
1. TURN IT UP! at Brooklyn Children's Museum opens tomorrow morning! AHHHH!!!
2. The Turn It Up! app launches tomorrow! Its designed to track and measure the environmental and social impact of a big event, while also being fun to use for kids. Those bracelets are made from recycled corn plastic and 100% biodegradable, don't worry :-)
3. Ashitaka, from Princess Mononoke is legit the person I most look up to in the world. Dedicated to peace, but not at the expense of justice. He knows his fellow humans have royaly messed up his world, but he loves them regardless, and fights to protect them with the same vigor he works to protect the nature they're destroying. He's angry, and has every right to be, but uses his anger as fuel to create solutions. He's not afraid to get into fight, and is highly capable in one, but treats violence as a last resort tactic best used in absolute worst case scenarios. Yeah, he's fictional, but that doesn't mean that level of character isn't worth striving for!!
4. That's me, and my new haircut. I'm not Ashitaka, nor will I ever be. But I'm doing something that matters. Least, I'm trying to.
i finally posted a cover with the help of my friend @anna.maurrr.02 for the end harmonies! anna is also gonna be helping me with this account :) (the cover kinda sucks but oh well 😂) comment what i should sing next!
AUDITION NOTICE: The Funhouse Lounge is excited to announce the return of its original adaptation, "Die Hard the Musical Parody", new and improved for 2019.
The Funhouse just won the Drammy for "Outstanding Original Musical" for last year's "Back to the Future, the Musical Parody", and this show promises to continue in that same hilarious vein. *Show dates are Thursdays thru Saturdays, Nov 29th through Jan 4th at 7pm, with a couple Sunday matinees thrown in. Rehearsals will begin on Sunday Oct 27th.
You will need to be available for ALL show dates.
Roles we will be auditioning for are:
* Al Powell (African American, cop on the beat, loves Twinkies)
* Karl (German bad guy)
* Tony (German bad guy, Karl's brother)
* Harry Ellis (the office cokehead)
We are open to all races, orientations, genders and gender identities for all roles **For your audition: please prepare a monologue (approx 1 minute), and 32 bars of a song along with the sheet music. *Auditions will be held Sunday October 20th, 1pm to 4pm.
To secure your audition time:
Please E-mail your headshot and resume for your audition slot. Andy @ funhouselounge dot com
Happy Indigenous People’s Day!! Most people recognize today as Columbus Day to celebrate the values of discovery and risk that are at the heart of America. And while there is certainly historical significance to this holiday, we also have to remember who really discovered America and how disrespectful it is to celebrate a man who inflicted incredible harm and genocide on the Indigenous people. Also, Columbus didn’t actually set foot on the continent (he landed in the Bahamas).
I wrote this song “Waters of Life” with Lee Summers. It is from our musical “Pangaea” and it is sung by the Indigenous spirit, North America. 🎶
Been practicing "Waters of Life" from my new musical PANGAEA. My fab lyricist Lee Summers and I will be presenting this and another song at the BCTR salon, for supporters who believe in diversity in theatre! #composerlife#PangaeatheMusical 🌎
Also. Need to fangirl for just a sec. So excited to perform for Henry Krieger, the composer who wrote #Dreamgirls , and one of my favorite pop songs of all time "Listen"! 🎶
David Byrne burning down the house in “American Utopia.” Annie-B Parson’s choreography for this show is BRILLIANT and makes you rethink what dance on Broadway can be and do. Also: Byrne and band’s cover of Janelle Monae’s “Hell You Talmbout” is 💥💥💥💥💥