It’s tough to fit the experience of our recent trip in 10 pictures. Too many good ones to share. @hehagena shared a lot of the good ones so you can check hers out. Barcelona, Granada, Seville, Santorini, Naxos, Athens - a trip and experience of a lifetime!
1) La Sagrada Familia is wondrous, colorful, and magical
2) Park Güell with our awesome host and long time friend @vallen55555. Truly don’t think we’d see or do as much in Barcelona in the short time we had without him
3) The Alhambra and Granada at sunset. No filter needed for this.
4) The Alhambra. Do the tour if you make it here. It’s worth the stop
5) Sunset boat cruise in Santorini
6) Almost every corner of Oia, Santorini is this photogenic (just avoid all the cats)
7) Everything you’ve heard of Santorini is true. It’s a place that you constantly will say “a picture doesn’t do this justice”. Think back to the big ‘wow’ places you’ve been to or seen. This place will rank among the top.
8) Charming, authentic and peaceful, Naxos and it’s beautiful beaches (the best in Europe) was a welcoming stop from the busy Spanish portion of our trip.
9) The Parthenon. I don’t claim to know a lot about ancient Greece, but I can’t help but think about the history of Athens and this place. The stories, the wars, the lives of all who lived during the time of its peak. Life and human accomplishments are fleeting. This place proves that. An empire who’s army, culture and engineering was at one time the greatest in the world, now reduced to protected crumbling archeological sites.
10) A view of Athens from the Acropolis with the Temple of Zeus in the distance.