WOMEN Chefs present right now still have had to deal with the male-dominated field, so our exterior may still be a bit thick, but some of us have ALSO been lucky to BE Acknowledged and able to Express ourselves on the menu. Here was a rare opportunity; Gathered for the night 7 of Grand Rapid’s Seriously Determined Women Chefs. Women who tend to be hiding in the back, busy Focusing their energy on their food; attempting to reveal, change and raise the standards of cuisine.
Guests were encouraged to come If they are Open and Passionate about food, looking to support a unique and personal experience in GR, and would like to see the faces and hear our stories! . .
This Sunday 9am-9.30am, come and watch how to make quick and easy, healthy, delicious, nutritious, plant-based food using only Certified Organic ingredients available here at our Market by vegan @thehippiecook You'll even get to taste the creations yourself! 🍉
Grab yourself a copy of Susie’s excellent ‘The Hippie Cook Cookbook’ and start making these amazing meals at home! Discount for market attendees this weekend only !!
100% خالص اور ملاوٹ سے پاک شہد
مکتب شہد رجسٹرڈ
ہر جگہ فری ہوم ڈلیوری ہے 👈آڈر کےلیے دن 10 بجے سے رات 8
بجے تک کال کریں
👈نوٹ: آپ ہم سے کوئی بھی چیز منگوانا چاہتے ہیں تو پورے پاکستان میں بالکل فری ہوم ڈلیوری کے ساتھ منگوا سکتے ہیں ☎️03007003300🤝
🍯Maktab Honey مکتب شہد
Good morning nomers! How’s your midweek so far? 😊
We will be taking a break from now till the 2nd of November to the land of 🇰🇷! Leave us a comment/PM us if you do know any great recommendation here! 💕
Delivery resumes on 3rd Nov 📦
Do you plant your own vegetables? If so, here are 4 staples in harvesting your own vegetables:
1) Harvest Vegetables Daily
A great practice in harvesting vegetables is taking a basket out to the garden every day to see what has ripened. Picking vegetables as soon as they are ripe often encourages the plant to produce even more.
2) Bigger Does Not Necessarily Mean Better
Most vegetables are at their peak of tenderness and flavor when they are relatively small. Zucchini, for example, are best when they are no more than six or seven inches long, and then they get tough and woody. (If you discover an overlooked whopper, grate it and make zucchini cookies or zucchini bread).
3) The Timing of Harvesting Vegetables
It's crucial to keep track of what you planted and when it was planted. Keep the seed packet so you know what to expect in terms of when it is ready for harvest. There are many cultivars of vegetables today, bred for different characteristics such as size and flavor. For example, it would be a shame to pick yardlong beans (which actually are best when they are 15 to 18 inches long) at the five to six inches that would be normal for pole beans. You can plant a watermelon variety that ripens at eight inches across or one that's not ready until the fruit weighs 30 pounds.
4) Look for Signs of Trouble
Create the perfect meal with this simple 3-step plan:
1) Eat fresh, minimally-processed food as often as possible.
2) Include a balance of protein, veggies, smart carbs, healthy fats.
3) Adjust portions to meet health and body composition goals.
Canteloupe is packed with nutrients. If you don’t think about nabbing a cantaloupe each time you hit the produce section of your grocery store, read on to learn why you may want to think again. Cantelope contains:
1. Beta Carotene
Beta carotene is a type of carotenoid. Carotenoids are pigments that give fruits and vegetables their bright colors. Once eaten, beta carotene is either converted into vitamin A or acts as a powerful antioxidant to help fight free radicals that attack cells in your body.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps the body fight against diseases like asthma, cancer, the common cold, and diabetes.
Folate may help reduce your risk of some cancers, may help battle memory loss due to aging, and helps prevent neural tube birth defects like spinal bifida.
Like most fruits, cantaloupe has high water content, at almost 90 percent. Eating cantaloupe helps you stay hydrated throughout the day, which is important for heart health and exercise program.
The health benefits of fiber go beyond preventing constipation. A high-fiber diet may reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes, and help you lose weight by making you feel fuller longer.
Cantaloupe provides 14 percent of your potassium DA. Potassium is an essential electrolyte mineral. Potassium is also vital to nerve health and proper muscle contraction.
7. Other Vitamins and Minerals
One cup of cantaloupe contains 1.5 grams of protein. It also has small amounts of these many other vitamins and minerals, including: vitamin K, niacin, choline, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium.
When was the last time you had Red tomatoes? Do you know the health benefits of Red Tomatoes? Think of a few benefits of Red Tomatoes and then check the list below to learn about what you might not have already guessed:
Red tomatoes are the major dietary source of:
1. Lycopene: A red pigment and antioxidant, which has been extensively studied for its beneficial health effects.
2. Beta-Carotene: A yellow antioxidant, which is converted into vitamin A in the body.
3. Naringenin: Found in tomato skin, this flavonoid has been shown to decrease inflammation and protect against various diseases in mice.
4. Chlorogenic acid: A powerful antioxidant compound, which may lower blood pressure in patients with high blood pressure.
5. Vitamins: Red tomatoes are a good source of several vitamins and minerals. Among the vitamins and minerals that red tomatoes have are:
a. Vitamin C: An essential nutrient and antioxidant. One medium sized red tomato can provide about 28% of the recommended daily intake.
b. Potassium: An essential mineral, beneficial for blood pressure control and cardiovascular disease prevention.
c. Vitamin K1: Also known as phylloquinone, vitamin K is important for blood coagulation and bone health.
d. Folate (B9): One of the B-vitamins, important for normal tissue growth and cell function. It is particularly important for pregnant women.
Do you eat dried fruits? You probably already know that the high sugar content of dried fruits is not good for weight loss. But do you know the benefits? Think of a few and then check the list below:
1) Prunes (technically dried plums): contain more beneficial antioxidants than any other fruit, offering twice the amount found in blueberries. Prunes can cause diarrhea if consumed in excess.
2) Dried Apricots: Although dried apricots are a good source of minerals, it is in providing vitamins that they really shine. One cup yields a whopping 2343 IU of vitamin A, along with an additional 1406 mcg of beta carotene, a phytonutrient that can be converted to vitamin A in your body. Niacin -- important in lowering cholesterol levels and maintaining a healthy digestive system -- is also well represented in dried apricots, with a cup offering up 1.683 mg of this B-complex vitamin
3) Dried Figs: Like all dried fruit, figs are a good source of dietary fiber, and are low-salt, low-fat and cholesterol-free
4) Raisin: The sugars in raisins are largely fructose, which can provide a quick energy boost. In addition, raisins' healthy amounts of fiber can help to create a feeling of fullness. Raisins are rich in minerals -- including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium -- and are particularly high in iron, containing .81 mg in a 1 and 1/2 ounce serving. Iron helps to maintain the delivery of oxygen throughout the body. Raisins also provide healthy amounts of B-complex vitamins, such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid and vitamin B-6. Low in fat, cholesterol-free, and packed with vitamins and minerals, raisins are a healthy dietary choice. #finishfit#finishitwithfinishfit#foodgasm#realfood#moodoftheday#instafood#plantbased#vegansofig#eathealthy#bestofvegan#veganfoodshare#whatveganseat#veganfood#vegetarian#foodphotography#healthylifestyle#healthyeating#foodstagram#instagood#foodie#foodpics#foodporn#wholefoods#dairyfree#foodblogger#instafood#photooftheday#healthyfood
21 29715 minutes ago
Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits anyone? This is a great pre-workout meal for a blast of energy.
3 cups vanilla nonfat yogurt
1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen strawberries in juice
1 pint fresh blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
1 cup good quality granola
When was the last time you had watermelons? Do you know the benefits of Watermelons? Take a guess and then check the list below:#
1) Its a great pre-workout. Watermelon also contains citrulline, an amino acid that may increase nitric oxide levels in the body. Nitric oxide helps your blood vessels expand, which lowers blood pressure.
2) Helps You Hydrate. Watermelon is 92% water.
3) Contains Lycopene that may help prevent Cancer.
4) Watermelon may help lower inflammation and oxidative damage, since it's rich in the anti-inflammatory antioxidants lycopene and vitamin C.
5) It may reduce the chances of Macular degeneration (AMD). This is a common eye problem that can cause blindness in older adults.
6) Citrulline, an amino acid in watermelon, may reduce muscle soreness.
7) Two vitamins in watermelon — A and C — are important for skin and hair health.
8) Watermelon contains lots of water and a small amount of fiber — both of which are important for healthy digestion.
Are you ready to Finish It With Finish Fit? Read today’s article on the Finish Fit Blog and learn the benefits of #organic#snacks . Fruits and vegetables come in different colors and each of these colors is a result of certain antioxidants, phytonutrients and nutrients. So how does one know what color fruit and vegetable to eat? The answer is simple; you must eat “Rainbow colored fruit/vegetable” platter to get all health benefits. #finishfit#finishitwithfinishfit#foodgasm#realfood#moodoftheday#instafood#plantbased#vegansofig#eathealthy#bestofvegan#veganfoodshare#whatveganseat#veganfood#vegetarian#foodphotography#healthylifestyle#healthyeating#foodstagram#instagood#foodie#foodpics#foodporn#wholefoods#dairyfree#foodblogger#instafood#photooftheday#healthyfood
26 31413 May, 2018
Fruits and vegetables come in different colors and each of these colors is a result of certain antioxidants, phytonutrients and nutrients. So how does one know what color fruit and vegetable to eat? The answer is simple; you must eat “Rainbow colored fruit/vegetable” platter to get all health benefits.
1) Blue/Purple–This color is due to the fruit’s anthocyanin content. Anthocyanins are antioxidants that provide numerous heart healthy benefits.
2) Green–Green leafy vegetables are rich in chlorophyll as well as isothiocyanates. These reduce carcinogenic agents from the liver.
3) Green/Yellow–These vegetables and fruits are rich in lutein which is very important for eye health. Lutein is especially necessary for the elderly people to prevent age related macular degeneration
4) Red–The main pigment that gives the red color to fruits and vegetables is Lycopene. It is a powerful antioxidant that is being researched for preventing cancer as well as heart attacks. Lycopene is also useful for protecting prostate health and maintaining the breast tissue. Red fruits and vegetables are also rich in flavonoids, resveratrol and vitamin C as well as folates.
5) Yellow/Orange– Carotenoids or beta carotene is responsible for imparting the yellow-orange-red pigment color to certain fruits and vegetables. These are extremely rich in vitamin A and retinol-which is needed for acne and wrinkle prevention. Vitamin A is needed for strong immune function and healthy vision. #finishfit#finishitwithfinishfit#foodgasm#realfood#moodoftheday#instafood#plantbased#vegansofig#eathealthy#bestofvegan#veganfoodshare#whatveganseat#veganfood#vegetarian#foodphotography#healthylifestyle#healthyeating#foodstagram#instagood#foodie#foodpics#foodporn#wholefoods#dairyfree#foodblogger#instafood#photooftheday#healthyfood
25 28412 May, 2018
Think "SMILE" each time you reach for fruits:
Saponins occur in many fruits and get their name from their soap-like qualities. Eating saponins may help lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease. Your immune function benefits from these plant compounds as well. Your risk of developing certain forms of cancer or getting tumors may even decrease from eating more saponins.
Minerals support your health by assisting in energy production, maintaining body fluids, cellular health, bone strength and immunity. Minerals that your body requires in varying amounts include calcium, potassium phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, chloride, sulfur, manganese, zinc, copper, iodine, cobalt, selenium and fluoride. You can find a variety of these essential minerals in fruits
Diets that are high in insoluble fiber may offer the best protection against this Diabetes. Fruits are high in cellulose-a type of insoluble fiber. Diets that are high in fiber may be able to help in the management of diabetes. Soluble fiber delays glucose absorption from the small intestine and thus may help prevent the spike in blood glucose levels that follow a meal or snack.
Eating fruits, like Grapefruit, increases leptin sensitivity (or decreases leptin resistance)). This in turn lowers insulin levels after meals and helps the body process foods more effectively. Ultimately, your body burns more calories and stores less fat.
Enterocytes or intestinal absorptive cells found in the small intestine. They act as transport molecules to and from the intestines. The high fiber content in fruits promotes the movement of material through these cells.
Are you ready to Finish It With Finish fit? #finishfit#finishitwithfinishfit#foodgasm#realfood#moodoftheday#instafood#plantbased#vegansofig#eathealthy#bestofvegan#veganfoodshare#whatveganseat#veganfood#vegetarian#foodphotography#healthylifestyle#healthyeating#foodstagram#instagood#foodie#foodpics#foodporn#wholefoods#dairyfree#foodblogger#instafood#photooftheday#healthyfood
ALUBIAS BLANCAS CON CALABACÍN SOBRE CREMA DE REMOLACHA Y PATATA
📝 Ingredientes (2-3 raciones):
👉 Para la crema de remolacha y patata:
🔸1 remolacha cocida (120 gr)
🔸1 patata mediana cocida (120 gr)
🔸70 ml agua
🔸1 cda aceite de oliva virgen extra
🔸1 pizca de sal
👉 Para las alubias con calabacín:
🔸400 gr de alubias cocidas
🔸250 gr de calabacín
🔸150 gr de cebolla dulce
🔸2 cdas vinagre
🔸Aceite de oliva virgen extra
- Si se parte de patata y remolacha cruda cortar tallos y raíz de la remolacha, limpiar minuciosamente la piel de ambas y cocer en agua hirviendo 35 min aprox. o hasta que al pinchar no opongan resistencia.
- Una vez atemperadas pelar con las manos. La piel se desprenderá fácilmente.
- En una batidora incorporar la patata, la remolacha, el agua, el aceite y la sal. Batir hasta conseguir una crema ligera. Reservar.
- En una sartén pochar con aceite la cebolla cortada en trozos pequeños.
- Rallar el calabacín e incorporarlo a la sartén. Sofreír a fuego medio-alto para que pierda humedad y se dore ligeramente.
- Incorporar las alubias, el vinagre, la sal y el perejil fresco picado y rehogar de nuevo para que se mezclen los ingredientes.
- Servir las alubias sobre la crema de remolacha y patata caliente.
Foto de la #Realfooder@alimentavita en el grupo de Fb #Realfooding . 🖖✨
54 6,91716 hours ago
a moment of silence to appreciate the glorious avo:toast ratio we’ve got going on here 🥑🙌🏻 #toastuesday throwback edition to these loaded savory slices!
I hope you all have a terrific day! 💕
. #whatsonmyplate : two slices of toasted sourdough bread + spinach + sliced tomato + feta + an egg fried in @chosenfoods avocado oil, and the other slice has half a mashed avocado + @manitobaharvest hemp hearts + @traderjoes EBTB seasoning
103 2,87115 hours ago
Sweet and savory toast this morning 🍞 Had this exact same meal as a snack yesterday and having it for breakfast today 😎 My sweet friend picked me up some @erewhonmarket paleo bread after her trip to LA and I haven’t been able to stop eating it 😅 -
I should try some different toppings but why fix what isn’t broken? 1/2 mashed avocado + @kweenandco pumpkin spice granola butter. A little sweet and a little savory never disappoints! Plus it’s on #toasttuesday so I have my life together in my book 😜 Have a great day friends! -
- #breakfast details 👉🏻 1 slice of @erewhonmarket paleo bread toasted and topped with 1/2 mashed avocado with @traderjoes African smoke seasoning + @kweenandco pumpkin spice granola butter and 1/2 banana (store the other 1/2 the fridge in a container!) #eeeeeats#choosingbalance#foodies
152 3,93814 hours ago
Easy-Peasy 3-Ingredient Recipes!👩🏻🍳
*Swipe to see all five recipes + below for details☺️xx
🥞2 Ingredient PANCAKES🍌
1 ripe banana + 2 eggs, mash banana and whisk the eggs together. Pour them into a hot pan and cook til golden.
An all time favorites - the best part is, no soggy bread when you pack it ahead of time 🙌🏻
You will need: pepper, 1 can tuna, mayo, lettuce, onion, s&p. Instructions: Cut pepper and empty seeds. Add mayo, salt, and pepper to tuna and mix well. Place mixture in pepper. Add spinach and onion. Close + Enjoy!
🥚🍅BREAKFAST ON THE GO🏃🏻♀️
This is a great combination of fat, protein, and fiber, making it an eggtastic quick breakfast option.
You will need: 2 Roma tomatoes, eggs, s&p.
Instructions: Slice tomato and empty. Cut eggs in half longways + place inside tomato. Season.
Spread it on toast or use it in baking!
You will need: 2 cups hazelnuts, 1/2 cup cacao powder, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup milk of choice. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until a smooth mix starts to form. Refrigerate for up to 10 days. Enjoy!
🍈🧀CRISY CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Bake squash for approximately 25 minutes until squash has softened. Scoop seeds from the centre. Shred with a fork to create a spaghetti-like consistency. Top with whatever you prefer! This topping uses using traditional tomato sauce, chicken, and vegetables. I usually top with cheese- then place under the grill for a minute or two until😍 Enjoy!
Healthier S’mores Cookies 😍🙌🏻 Easily made paleo if you have paleo marshmallows on hand 💯 Gf too and packed a little extra goodness from the new @furtherfood vanilla collagen 💯 -
The collagen gave these cookies the best vanilla flavor! It’s only got 4 ingredients, 8 grams of protein, and 0 grams of sugar 👌🏻 You know I love @furtherfood because it’s a small woman owned company and all of their collagen products are grass fed + pasture raised including this new vanilla flavor. I am obsessed with it, maybe even more than their chocolate flavor 🤭 Perfect addition to baked goods, morning coffee, or any sweet treat! Gives it a little extra protein to help keep me full longer 👌🏻-
- #healthfood details 👉🏻 Preheat oven to 350F
In a bowl whisk 1 egg then add in
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup cashew butter
2 tbsp vanilla @furtherfood collagen (discount code: choosingbalance)
1 tsp baking powder
Mix it all together well then add in
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup marshmallows
Fold those in with a spatula. Line a pan with parchment paper then add your cookies to it. Makes 9-10 cookies. Bake for 10 minutes then let sit for 5-7 minutes to let the finish cooking. Enjoy! #collagen#choosingbalance#foodies
189 5,0425 hours ago
TEMPEH CON VERDURAS
📝 Ingredientes (2 raciones):
🔸1 cebolla tierna
🔸1 nabo verde
🔸250 gr tempeh de soja
🔸2 cdas salsa shoyu o de soja
🔸Zumo 1/2 limón
🔸1 puñado de nueces pecanas
🔸AOVE (aceite de oliva virgen extra)
- Limpiar el nabo verde, pelarlo y cortarlo a trocitos. Limpiar y cortar la cebolla tierna.
- Empezar a cocinarlos al vapor mientras limpiamos el brócoli y lo cortamos en arbolitos pequeños.
- Añadimos el brócoli y terminamos de cocinar.
- Pelamos los guisantes y los cocinamos en agua hirviendo (unos 20 minutos) o al vapor (unos 7-10 minutos).
- Cortamos el tempe por la mitad y hacemos unos triángulos.
- Calentamos una sartén con un poco de AOVE y doramos el tempe vuelta y vuelta. Una vez dorado añadimos la salsa de soja y el zumo de limón y dejamos reducir medio minuto.
- Solo tendremos que servir las verduras junto al tempe, añadir unas nueces pecanas y un chorrito de AOVE crudo por encima de las verduras.
Foto de la #Realfooder@amandamontiel en el grupo de Fb #Realfooding . 🖖✨
40 5,5419 hours ago
COLIFLOR AL CURRY
🔸2 cdtas curry en polvo
🔸1 cdta aceite de oliva virgen extra
🔸1 cdta sal
- Lavamos y separamos la coliflor por ramilletes.
- Añadimos el aove, la sal y el curry en polvo, y mezclamos para que se impregne bien y la horneamos 200ºC durante 25’.
- La servimos con unas almendras fileteadas para darle un toque crujiente.
Videoreceta de Anna Mateo, administradora de @realfooding 🖖✨
161 10,05121 October, 2019
This healthy bagel sandwich is GIVING ME LIFE!!!! 🥯 I’ve legit been running around like crazy for the past 2 weeks so big breakfasts have been saving me on days where I can’t get to my lunch until 2-3. IF YOU HAVEN’T MADE THESE BAGELS DO SO NOW. .
Inspo: @raheli_rd. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used @bobsredmill paleo baking flour), 2 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt. In another smaller bowl, whisk an egg white until frothy then add 1 cup Greek yogurt (MUST be Greek!). Combine the two mixtures until dough forms. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead. Separate the dough into 5-6 parts and roll out into a rope-like piece then curve into an “O.” Coat with 1 whisked egg and top with your favorite seasoning - I used everything bagel seasoning! Bake for 18ish minutes and enjoy with some butter, a fried egg (tutorial in my highlights), avocado, red onion and whatever else you got in your fridge TBH. #broccyourbody#byb#glutenfree#glutenfreerecipes#healthyrecipes#healthyinspo#realfood
129 5,99213 hours ago
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram