Day 17 ~ Well, we are over halfway through January...@mygardenthismonth the OH had to shovel some snow off the driveway this morning, and we are expected to get clobbered with freezing rain and snow tomorrow. 🌧❄🌨 I'll be all cozy on the sofa by the fire with books, magazines and copious amounts of tea. I will not be leaving the house for anything.🛋🔥🤗📚☕
But today I have places to go, people to see and things to take care of. First, I am making baked oatmeal to take to a friend who had surgery on Wednesday. (Check out my stories for a yummy breakfast treat!)Then I am going to continue the search (that began in November and got pushed aside due to Christmas) for new faucets. Stay tuned for more on that mess later. Hopefully, my last stop will be Homegoods.😍 @storyofmyhome there has been some talk here of a new puppy.🐶 It's been six months ago today that we said good-bye to Ginger, and we miss the presence of a little companion at our heels.💔 For years we kept her out of the living room and dining room, but then, because she was such a good dog (and because the living room furniture was on its way to being replaced), we let her have full run of the house. She loved to sleep on that sofa when we weren't here. She'd always look at us like "Hey, do you see me? Look where I am!"😊
There are parts of training a puppy that I do not look forward to, and there will definitely be a "No Dogs Allowed" policy for our new living room...especially my white sofa!🚫🐶🛋 @myhousethismonth I could go on and on, reflecting on what a good dog and loyal little friend Ginger was. Best of all...she made a dog lover out of me.❤🐶❤ Happy Friday, my friends!😘😘😘 #myhousethismonth#reflection#mirrormirror #unusualmirrors#lovemylivingroom#whitesofa#mygardenthismonth#whateveryoulike#snowday#storyofmyhome#nodogsallowed#fortheloveofshihtzus#ilovedogs#bakedoatmeal#onthesofa
Straight from my Self Love Journal:
Can't fit all my lessons here
Self Reflection Points I need you to remember to reach success in your goals; An accumulation of knowledge attained for the year 2019:
1. "Live in the present moment", not in the past and not too long spent thinking about the future. Visualize your goal but without being distracted from acting in the present moment. You can really realize how beautiful everything is and grateful you feel that it was given to you in this specific design meant to bring to the realization of who truly are.
2. "Make full use of your developed resources," don't forget to take specific time thinking about the best ways to make use of your resources and take action with each of them by creating plans and projects that push you closer to your goal, and them closer to their own personal goals.
3. "Keep your attention span in order, working on multiple projects at a time requires organization. Just remember to "bring your awareness back to the breath." 4.Retain information/knowledge long term, hold onto the knowledge attained and apply it consistently until you see a change in your life
5. Skip sorry and show action, there's no time left to waste. Stay inside the vortex.
6. You cannot love others until you love yourself as god loved you. You need to understand and truly define that love for yourself if you really wana help people.
Reposted from @mynk.gor (@get_regrann) - “In order to reflect, think and plan, you must quiet yourself. You can’t see your reflection in churning waters. Water must be still to see your reflection.” ― Karen Hantze Susman
Same world, same government, same state, same attitudes, same everything damn near but the only thing that had to change for things to change for me was ME. I remember getting to a point where if I couldn’t drink , had to wear shoes, had nowhere to smoke or had the spotlight on me I wasn’t going. Going to war with depression and calling “ the hood life “. Making every excuse I can come up with to why I shouldn’t get my life together. Had a lot of things but in reality if you don’t have yourself you have nothing. When the universe wants you to move though, It moves You. My life was shaken up sent to prison and in there once I got comfortable I was heading back into the same routine but just inside. But my head was the clearest It had ever been and I chose not too. Told my self we weren’t going to do the next 29 years the same way. Wasted too much avoiding things I should of been taken care of. Fast forward to now and here I am. 💚 Everything in your journey has a purpose to pull you to your purpose. Flow with It