For anyone that thinks tofu is boring this is the perfect dish to try
* 1/2 block firm tofu (cauldron)- press the tofu for extra firmness
* 1-2 tbsps gochujang
* 6 tbsps ketchup
* 2 tbsps tamarind sauce
* Toasted sesame seeds
* 1 spring onion
* Sunflower oil
* Salt to taste
* once the tofu has been pressed cut it into cubes. heat a shallow amount of sunflower oil in a pan, and once heated add in your tofu cubes. leave the tofu for a couple minutes to get the first side crispy then turn each piece- repeat with all sides of the cubes until golden brown- place cubes on some kitchen roll to absorb the oil and sprinkle over some salt
* next, in a clean pan add gochujang, ketchup, and tamarind and heat until bubbling. then add the tofu to the sauce and toss till coated
* serve the tofu with rice- I used leftover mushroom rice. then top with sesame seeds and spring onion
🇰🇷Korean Spicy Braised Tofu [Dubu Jorim/두부조림]. Try this quick and easy Korean comfort food with BOLD flavor!⚡️You’ll never have bland tofu again 😛☝️
1 package of firm tofu
1 small onion, minced
1 red chili pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
☑️sauce (mix them all in a bowl)
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp Korean red pepper powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp perilla oil
1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1. Cut the tofu block into 1/2-inch thick rectangles. Pat dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
2. Heat oil in a large pan, add the tofu blocks and sear over medium heat until light brown (roughly 3-4 mins each side).
3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients together. Pour the sauce over the tofu pieces. Simmer for 5 mins over medium low heat. Make sure all the tofu soaks up the sauce!
4. Flip them over and simmer for another minute. Put red chili pepper and green onions on top. Serve with a bowl of rice.
Is it wrong to eat only appetizers for dinner? ...asking for a friend 🤔🤨
5 1021 hours ago
Hubby coming through with the fire noodle dishes. 😍😍😍
7 797 July, 2020
2 567 July, 2020
Another take on ramen I made. Of course there’s the soy marinated soft boiled egg. However the sautéed spicy tofu, green onion, corn, and sesame seeds really made the dish. I didn’t really expect the corn to be as good as it was in this dish. To make it I had some leftover tare and aroma oil so I just used that and some chicken/beef stock for the soup base and everything else fell into place. All in all it was something I just kind of made with no recipe and I’m kind of proud of it #ramen#softboiledegg#ramennoodles#spicytofu
These tasty tortilla mistakes were our first go at cooking tortillas from scratch. The mistake was using purely cornmeal instead of cornflour... The dough felt like sand 🏖️
Patched up the mistake by adding flour (= cornmeal) to the mix & olive oil. Kneaded the dough and then used a chopping board to flatten 💢
These TEAR-rible tortillas ended up dense and thick, but were still banging with our flavourful toppings. Still had to use a knife n fork tho 🍴
Our toppings however, were delish. We pan fried our tofu with tomato paste, plenty of cumin and smoked paprika and Adobo Ole spice mix. We also topped with some creamy guac, spiiiiicy salsa, fresh coriander and SRIRACHA MAYO. HECKIN peng.
SPICY BRIASED TOFU
Calling all tofu and crispy chilli garlic lovers, my yummy new video is out on YouTube! To watch please go to my YouTube channel, totally cooked by Chrissy. Remember to be kind and practice compassion 💚
Perfectly pan fried tofu smothered in a sticky, thick, sweet, garlicky sauce! It is so perfect and easy to make.
When things are not going as well as you want this would be the dish to perk up your day!
To make this yummy dish you just need a few ingredients
1 block firm tofu
1 red chilli
1 spring onions
1 tbs of crispy chilli garlic/ chilli paste with crispy fried garlic
1 tbs of soy sauce
1 tbs of mushroom sauce
a dash of white pepper powder
1/2 tbs of vinegar
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbs water
Save this recipe and give it a try, you will be suprised how a simple dish like this can be so amazingly delicious!
Thank you for watching, please give me a like and don't forget to hit the subscribe button for more easy Chinese, South East Asian vegan recipes!
14 996 July, 2020
These spicy #vegan tofu pieces are so tasty, crispy & spicy, anyone who doesn’t like tofu should try it.
Recipe from @hanahanayang 🤍 Wishing you all a fantastic week too!✨
🔸Chinese Deep Fried Tofu with Spicy Salt 🌶️🧂(vegan)
This is hands-down my favourite way to eat tofu. You can have this over rice for a full meal, or as an appetiser or side dish. It's not the healthiest... but it's very moreish and so good! You'll have to eat this immediately to appreciate the crunchy outside and soft inside.
A healthier option would be to pan fry instead of deep frying.
1 package of Firm Tofu
1 tsp Chili Flakes or 1 small chili, chopped
10 cloves Garlic, minced
1 small Onion, minced
1 ½ tsp Spicy Salt (see ingredients below)
1 cup Cooking Oil (for frying)
Spicy WINGZ, vegan and GF!! perfect for this SNOW day (gotta heat things up) and hello super bowl sundayyy ?!👌
y’all were so interested in the tofu wing idea with the @nutcrumbs that I got so here ya go! .
TOFU WINGZ with Vegan Ranch🤩
For the wingz 👇
1 package tofu (extra firm)
1 cup bread crumbs (I used the spicy flavored @nutcrumbs as a GF alternative)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
*add any other spices that sound good! My breadcrumbs were flavored so I didn’t add too many
- First drain the tofu by placing it between paper towel with something heavy on top of it for about 15 min
- Slice tofu into triangles or wedges, might need to cut them in half to make them thinner
- dip tofu in cornstarch, then almond milk, then mixture of breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt, and paprika; make sure you cover each piece completely with each ingredient - Bake on lined cookie sheet @ 425F for about 30-40 min, until crispy, you can flip halfway but could probably also get away with skipping that step ;) .
For the easiest vegan ranch 👇
I actually didn’t measure and it turned out fine - here are my rough guestimates
1/2 cup vegan mayo
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp “Garden ranch” seasoning
whisk together until well combined
We literally can't stop munching on these Spicy Fried Tofu @foodrockersmanila, Each piece is a bite of crunchiness and softness with added sweetness and a bit of spiciness. Talked about combination of flavors right?
Pan Fried Tofu with sesame seeds and @espicy hot sauce, the best Spanish made hot sauce! 🌶️ This is a quick and easy side dish that's ready in less that 10 minutes. It goes great with a stir fry or curry.
The only ingredients are tofu, soya sauce, hot sauce and sesame seeds. Simple and delicious.