dia de los muertos was on the horizon while we were in Mexico City - I thought this restaurants bowls were just stunning- almost as stunning as the soup inside.
Oh yeah it is already #soupsunday and I am ready! Not like I had much choice, boss demands, I cook 🤣 In any case like a classic rerun of your favorite show this #chickentortillasoup NEVER disappoints and always gets me bonus points so win/win. Hope everyone is having a #sundayfunday and thanks for all the support!
Follow me @bluetravelz 🌊🏄 ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Swipe left 👈 to see some 🔥pictures of this spicy chicken tortilla soup!
All your favorites on 1 board!! 📱🔥🧀Comment below which item is your favorite. Between Tortilla soup or Mac & Cheese, include why you love it & we will pick 20 CFA One app users to win a FREE reward to use at the start of next week 🎉 Happy Saturday everyone!☀️ #cfaoneapp 📱🐮 #freerewards#tortillasoup#macncheese#allthegoodstuff
Spice lovers, I’m back! This was a combo I never expected to like, as many other Disneygoers. However.. YUM? It strangely works, but only if you’re okay with the spice, because the soup definitely has a kick. More so than the sandwich! But it’s definitely one of the better lunches I’ve had at Disneyland, and it’s only around for their Halloween menu! So get it while ya can. 🔥
🥪 Toasted Salsa Roja Chicken Sandwich Combo: Salsa roja shredded chicken on rustic bread with jack and cotija cheeses served with tortilla soup
Sweet Potato Tortilla Soup from @pinchofyum. Lookin 👀 good. Healthy too. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Place in an Instant Pot:⠀
- Half an onion, chopped⠀
- 3 cloves garlic, minced⠀
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced⠀
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced⠀
- 1 28-ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes⠀
- 6 cups vegetable broth⠀
- 1 tablespoon chili powder⠀
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo (canned), minced⠀
- 1-2 cups sweet corn⠀
Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release steam. (or stove top simmer for 20 minutes) Cut 12 corn tortillas into strips and fry in oil until crispy (I would suggest just crumble some tortilla chips). Serve it all together with avocado, cotija, and a squeeze of lime!⠀
Nutrition per serving:⠀
Calories: 384 / Carbs: 47g / Fat: 21g / Protein: 5g⠀
What’s your favorite tortilla soup topping? I can’t decide so I add them all 😬 #quinoarecipes#vegetarian#tortillasoup
For the tortilla strips
4 small corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 cups vegetable broth
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3/4 cup quinoa
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn kernels
Shredded cheddar cheese
Finely chopped red onions
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Place the tortilla strips in a single baking sheet; season with chili powder, salt and pepper, toss to combine, then arrange in a single layer. Bake until crisp and golden, about 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook the onions, green pepper and jalapeño until tender, about 5-7 minute.
3. Add the garlic, tomato paste, chili powder and cumin and continue to cook until garlic and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, 2-4 cups of water, cilantro and half the baked tortilla strips. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in quinoa, black beans and corn. Simmer uncovered, until quinoa is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Divide soup among bowls and serve with avocado, cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro, red onions, lime wedge for squeezing, and the remaining baked tortilla strips.
¡Esta SOPA de TORTILLA mejorará tu día al instante! 🌮🥣
👤 PORCIONES: 5
- 2 dientes de ajo
- 1/2 cebolla blanca en trozos
- 4 jitomates asados
- 2 chiles pasilla desvenados, remojados y sin semillas
- 1 chile guajillo desvenado, remojado y sin semillas
- 8 tazas de caldo de pollo
- 1 taza de tortillas de maíz asadas al comal
- 1 pizca de sal
- 1 cda de aceite
- 3 hojas de epazote fresco
- 1 taza de tortillas de maíz en tiritas y fritas
- 1 taza de queso fresco en cubitos
- 1/4 de taza de chile pasilla frito y en aros
- 1 aguacate en abanico o cubos
- 1/2 taza de crema ácida
1. Para el caldo, licúa el ajo, la cebolla, el jitomate, el chile pasilla, el chile guajillo, el caldo de pollo, la tortilla y una pizca de sal.
2. Calienta en una ollita a fuego medio el aceite, fríe la preparación anterior y agrega las ramitas de epazote, cocina el caldo durante 10 minutos para que el jitomate se cueza.
3. Sirve la preparación en un plato hondo, agrega las tortillas de maíz, el queso fresco, el chile pasilla, el aguacate y un toque de crema ácida. Disfruta.
116 15,9182 July, 2019
This rich, vibrant slow-cooker version of Chicken Tortilla Soup requires minimal hands-on cooking and is loaded with toasted-corn flavor. 🌽 Garnishes of tortilla strips, sour cream, avocado, Cotija cheese, cilantro, and lime take it over the top. Tap the link in our profile to access the recipe.
16 2,4874 hours ago
Need an easy Super Bowl recipe idea? This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup can be made simply with your crockpot. Just add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and go! Serve it up with crispy tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream & cheddar cheese. RECIPE in profile link. .
An oldie, but a goodie! Our “Best” Chicken Tortilla Soup was one of the first recipes on ASP to go viral, nearly 9 years ago. And for good reason! It’s bold and zesty, with a rich cheesy broth, and tons of chunky goodness.
Link to FULL RECIPE from profile ➡️