In this day and age, people are so addicted and obsessed with their devices that some forget or may even not even know how a physical book feels like. People may give excuses that they do not have enough time to read a book, but here’s something to ponder about. How long do we spent a day reading texts, emails, tweets and captions on Instagram? This time could have been used to read a book.
While you can gain information and knowledge by reading online, science has shown that the benefits or reading a book outweighs the benefits of reading or looking through your technology devices. These are the benefits of reading a physical book.
1. You absorb more information. Scientists believe this is caused by the effect of ‘tactile sensation’, a sense of touch, when hold a book with your hands.
2. Reading a book is easier on the eyes. Looking or reading from a device can cause strained eyes and result in issues such as blurred vision, redness and irritation.
3. You will not get distracted too easily. When you read a book, you won’t get notifications popping up from it. You will also not have the urge to go into other links or sites, allowing you to focus more on reading the contents of the book.
Even though it’s Wednesday.. So yesterday we had a super busy but exciting day educating the year 10 and year 11 girls in Merchant Taylor’s school. We did this because we have noticed that in the last 12 months we are seeing more and more young people who are suffering with skin concerns. So we feel it is important to educate Teens on their skin and how to treat their skin if they do have a break out!
In the talk we discussed several Life style factors that impact our skin. The one I want to talk about today is STRESS!! So stress is a major factor in causing skin problems for young teens, they have the stress of exams, peers, boyfriends/girlfriends, pressure at home and at school to do well and also the dreaded social media pressure. Stress can make acne worse, when we stress our bodies release hormones such as cortisol, this increases oil production in the skin. When we eat, the body releases insulin as a way of storing energy for the body, but the more stressed we are the more insulin we produce. Insulin in turn triggers the production of the androgens which then block your pores causing spots. It also redirects the blood to the brain and the muscles as the body is in survival mode, this results in a lack of nutrients and oxygen supply that is needed to heal spots. If you do have acne prone skin, you will break out more, you will break out more severely, and your acne will take a lot longer to improve when you are under stress!! Telling someone to “stop stressing” is a lot easier said than done.. however we do have a few little tips that may help!
1. Breathe from your belly-this will make you feel calmer, more grounded and more mindful of the present moment, just take 10 breaths, inhale for 5 exhale for 5, this will reduce your anxiety.
2. Write it down- Keep a note pad with you at the side of your bed and write all your worries and thoughts down before going to sleep.. then deal with them in the morning!
3. Take some ME TIME- Put your phone away and do something you love.. do it for you!
4. Exercise- Physical activity releases endorphins which trigger positive feelings in our body making us feel happy, also gets rid of pent..
“ Part of her narrative poses for the reader the all-too-familiar question of when and why and by whom women’s stories are believed-and when and why and by whom they are not.”
I found this book a wonderful study of women’s sexuality the explained and the unexplainable.
. “ What the fuck do you know about young women, Maggie thinks. We don’t remember what we want to remember. We remember what we can’t forget.”
. “That in general it seemed people were grateful when a woman admitted she was bad and punished herself. It was the only way people would agree to help.”
This book, the sexual lives of three real women interviewed by the author over a period of 8 years.
Kyllä muuten tääkin aamu vaati pari kuppia kahvia, että sai päivän käyntiin! ☕️ Kesä meni kyllä taas niin vauhdilla. Päivät muutenkin menee kun siivillä, viikot vierii, kuukaudet kuluu ja kohta taas on jo uusi vuosi ja uudet kujeet. Mihin se aikaa oikein menee? ⏳
Oon pohtinut paljon viime aikoina sitä, että mitä mä aion tänä syksynä tehdä ja mihin asioihin haluan priorisoida.
Tässä nyt muutama:
👉🏻 Ensimmäiseksi aion miettiä sitä, että mitkä asiat on mulle tärkeitä ja mihin haluan panostaa, sekä haluun elää just sellasta OMAN näköistä elämää.
👉🏻 Uskoa itseeni ja siihen mitä teen. Kaikista unelmista voi tulla totta, jos meillä
on rohkeutta tavoitella niitä. .
👉🏻 Panostaa ihmissuhteisiin.
Viettää aikaa ihmisten kanssa, joiden seurassa hymyilyttää ja naurattaa, tehdä asioita, jotka saavat tuntemaan iloa ja onnellisuutta.
Ihmiset ovat taitavia tuhlaamaan aikaa. Kun kirkastamme meille tärkeät asiat ja löydämme inspiraation, on helpompaa olla hukkaamatta aikaa.
Tsemppiä kaikille keskiviikkoon! ✨