It begged the question-
Were they just two romantic souls feeding off of each other? Projecting their romantic dreams upon one another?
A slip from the firm grasp on reality they had made for themselves.
Or maybe - maybe they were just deep in the sweetness of life.
Riding out one of the highest, most euphoric aspects of being human.
Maybe humans question too much - so afraid to take anything at face value. Always assuming there must be immediate dark beneath the light.
Or more so - falsely believing that the dark somehow negates the light.
There is light. There is dark. Both are real. Both are true.
Day is not less so because there is night.
The highs are not less so because there are lows.
Love is not less so because there is time. #writtenbyliz
Happy Sunday my friends ✨
Excited for a day off to spend at the river with some of my favorite women.
Time to pack up lots of sunscreen & water and then wander where there is no WiFi 😍
Oh the simple joys of good company & fresh air.
🌈 I allow others to be themselves, it is not up to me to fix or control others.
🌈 Today I fill my mind with new, positive thinking.
🌈 I do the work necessary to heal emotional wounds.
🌈 My home is a sanctuary for peace and comfort.
🌈 I gravitate towards foods that are good for me.
🌈 My words can have a positive effect on other people.
🌈 I make self-care a priority and enjoy it.
Happy Sunday yogis! Remember to get on your mat and flow with your breath 🙏
1 3812 hours ago
Become a light to yourself that never goes out ✨🙏🏻✨ ( KRISHNAMURTI)
Self-Care Sunday ❣️
We’re all feeling the effects of stress, uncertainty, and fear of the future. With everything we’re experiencing right now, it’s easy to forget to take care of ourselves. Honestly, with reopening the studio, we’ve had difficulty carving out time away from everything to destress.⠀
Where in your life have you forgotten about self-care? Feel free to share!⠀
Join us tonight for a free 15 minute guided grounding meditation on Instagram Live at 7:00pm. 🙏🏼
Breathing Technique- Inhale and retain the breath until final position is achieved. Take slow deep breaths in final position. Retain the breath inside while lowering the body.
🔅This asana stimulates the thyroid gland and abdominal organs.
🔅It calms the mind and helps relieve the stress.
🔅Tones the legs and stretches the shoulders and neck.
❌Contra- indications- people suffering from high blood pressure, slipped disc, weak blood vessels in the eyes, cervical spondylosis, enlarged thyroid or liver should avoid practising this asana.
This should also be avoided during menstruation and later stages of pregnancy.
Hello Everyone, Today our Second yoga pose is REVERSE TABLE TOP
Reverse tabletop pose, sometimes called crab pose, opens the chest and tones the low back to stimulate the respiratory and endocrine systems. Reverse tabletop pose also builds arm, leg and core body strength.
1. From a seated position in Easy or Staff pose, bend the knees bringing the feet flat on the floor hip width apart. Keep the arms behind your hips with the fingers pointed towards your feet.
2. Lean back into the arms and slowly inhale and lift the hips up towards the ceiling. Make sure the toes and knees are pointing straight ahead. Look straight ahead, up at the ceiling or carefully drop the head back.
3. Press into the feet, squeezing the thighs and buttocks and engaging Mula Bandha to lift the hips high. Press into the hands and draw the shoulder blades towards each other to lift up high through the sternum.
4. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
5. To release: slowly exhale the hips back down to the floor.
🤞Наблюдая за тем, какая часть тела и какая часть ума включаются в работу и в какую часть тела ум не проникает, мы расширяем ум в той же степени, в какой вытягиваем тело. Когда мышцы в позе сокращаются или вытягиваются, ум тоже сжимается или расширяется, чтобы добраться до каждого участка тела. В этом и заключается пребывание в позе, это и есть тонкость восприятия. Когда восприятие в равной мере соприкасается с телом, умом и душой, мы приходим к состоянию созерцания или медитации, это и есть асана. Разделение на тело и ум, ум и душу разрушается, исчезает.👌 #йогаасана#йогапознание#йогапрактика#йогадлятела#йогарастяжка#йогаощущений#yogaasana#yogagirl#yogapose#yogalove#yogaenergy
0 212 hours ago
Hello Everyone, Today our First yoga pose is Master High Lunge
This pose Lengthens your hip flexors; stabilizes and strengthens your gluteals.
1. From Tadasana (Mountain Pose), widen your stance so that your feet are hip-width apart. Take a few moments to cultivate a strong awareness of your breath.
2. Place your hands on your hips, and step your left foot forward 2–3 feet. The size of your step may vary depending on your size and flexibility, but be generous to start—you can always adjust later if you feel any strain.
3. Bend your left knee to a 90-degree angle with your knee directly above your heel. Press into the ball of your right foot as you lift your right heel off the ground.
4. Internally rotate your right leg by turning your back hip forward and drawing your right knee down and in. This will help keep your hips square to the front of the mat, which is crucial to maintaining a deep stretch in the hips and hip flexors (which tend to be tight from sitting too much and can contribute to lower back pain). Keep the weight of your left leg grounded in the heel. You should feel your gluteals waking up—you’ll likely notice a warm sensation—in the back of your front leg.
5. Begin straightening your right leg, which will increase the stretch in your right hip flexors. Reach your right heel toward the wall behind you. Engage your right quadriceps as you straighten and lift your kneecap; remain aware of your breath as the intensity increases. Keep your pelvis in a neutral position to protect your lower back.
Maybe we should start watching from a different point of view to understand how to change things?
Lately I have been thinking abut this situation we’re in, as many of us I guess, and I am confused by both sides. We can’t pretend everything is going back to how it was because it’s not. For this reason I worry when I see crowds gathering in Italy with no conscience whatsoever. But at the same time we can’t live in isolation as long as this pandemic goes because we don’t know how long it will last, months, years? And us, human, we need human contact, we need contact with nature and its wanders to be healthy and happy. Otherwise what is this life for?
That’s why I don’t think there is a straightforward answer and that we should find together a new, healthy and respectful way of living and being. But maybe it’s just my utopian dream...
In the meantime, these are photos from a wonderful photoshoot in Inhaca Island, Mozambique, from two years ago 🇲🇿💚🖤❤️💛
🌧Zwei Jahre ist der Augenblick auf dem Bild schon alt. Damals war ich mit meinem Freund (jetzt Exfreund) beim Wandern am Kochelsee. Dieses Foto ist im Regen am Walchensee entstanden. Irgendwie verrückt was sich in zwei Jahren alles verändert. Jetzt habe ich einiges dazu gelernt und mich besser kennengelernt. Ich habe verstanden, dass mein Partner nicht so zu mir gepasst hat. Auch wenn ich’s mir gewünscht hätte. Das Leben geht weiter und wir haben beide die Möglichkeit jemanden zu finden, der besser zu uns passt. Dieser Schritt zu einer Trennung ist nie leicht und oft ist es ein langer Prozess. Im Nachhinein weiß man dann, warum es so passiert ist. Nur Mut an alle, die unglücklich in ihrer Beziehung sind.
Hi. I’m Karlee and I want to be a human pretzel when I grow up. 🥨
I’m so happy that I finally got to take another yoga class today! Yoga is my favorite form of exercise. No matter how you’re feeling, no matter how much strength and energy you bring to the mat that day, you can modify your practice to meet your needs. There’s no pressure. No judgement.
Every time I leave a class, or practice at home, I feel so much more at peace. Not to mention, there is such a sense of community when I go to class!
With that being said, I highly recommend trying it out, or experiment with other types of exercise (dancing, aerial hoop/silks, etc.), if you struggle when it comes to going to the gym.
Happy birthday to meee❤️👸🏻💃🎊🎉🎈🎁🎂😏
Спасибо всем, кто со мной в этот день! И не важно рядом вы или нет... Спасибо за ваши тёплые слова и пожелания! Я вас очень ценю и сильно сильно люблю! Спасибо вселенной за такую чудесную меня!☺️❤️🙏
Все только начинается... пристегните ремни😋✌️🙈