A recent article from @dailymail - This brave owner is still trying to raise awareness of Xylitol (e number E967) poisoning a while after her lovely dog was killed. There are many human foods that are toxic to dogs so it’s best to avoid them unless you are absolutely sure they are safe. Dogs have not evolved to eat the same things as us!
Xylitol can be found in many products including cakes, biscuits, toothpaste, mouthwash, ice cream, peanut butter, jams & diabetic foods. It may be listed as an e-number. It only takes a small amount to kill a dog.
There is another lesson learned here also-if your dog eats ANYTHING it shouldn’t, check the ingredients and call your vet! Do not wait!
They are always there for you on the end of a phone and the longer a poison is in the body the more damage it does. People think it won’t happen to them but it does, all of the time. This case is just one of many where the owner has gone public, many do not, so you never hear about them but it doesn’t mean they don’t happen.